The Most Holy and Serene Empire of GrandKirche is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sir Charles Murton with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, pith helmet sales, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 9.414 billion GrandKircheans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Education is also considered important, while Environment and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Mary's Port. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient GrandKirchean economy, worth a remarkable 1,679 trillion Church Pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 178,447 Church Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, prices fluctuate manically for no fathomable reason, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, and houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries. Crime is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. GrandKirche's national animal is the Magpie, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Primitive Methodism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in GrandKirche, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- : Following new legislation in GrandKirche, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- : Following new legislation in GrandKirche, prices fluctuate manically for no fathomable reason.
- : Following new legislation in GrandKirche, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- : GrandKirche was endorsed by The Christian Republic of Amaryllisia.
- : GrandKirche's influence in The Great Conservative Alliance rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : GrandKirche was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : GrandKirche was endorsed by The Empire of Caezar.
- : GrandKirche was endorsed by The Socialist Amazing Blue Cake of Prumerica.
- : GrandKirche endorsed The Socialist Amazing Blue Cake of Prumerica.