“Sailing the ocean's blue”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The State of Grand McFadden is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 16.201 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand McFadden City. The average income tax rate is 43%. A healthy private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology.
Leader has just been declared ruler of Grand McFadden in an international press conference, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, teenage fathers are forced to join the army, and breastfeeding mothers are replacing smokers to loiter outside the workplace. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grand McFadden's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is presbyterian, and its currency is the gold standard.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 23 hours ago
- 8 days ago: Grand McFadden was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Grand McFadden, breastfeeding mothers are replacing smokers to loiter outside the workplace.
- 12 days ago: Grand McFadden changed its national leader to "Leader", and capital to "Grand McFadden City".
- 12 days ago: Grand McFadden altered its national flag.
- 12 days ago: Grand McFadden relocated from Chukaku to Ionia.
- 13 days ago: Grand McFadden was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 17 days ago: Grand McFadden was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 17 days ago: Grand McFadden was ranked #1 in the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 18 days ago: Grand McFadden relocated from Balder to Chukaku.
- 18 days ago: Grand McFadden was refounded.