The Republic of Goodclark is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Yohann Gluzterschmit with a fair hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, daily referendums, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 7.346 billion Goodclarkians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of O'Reaben City. The average income tax rate is 32.2%.
The all-consuming Goodclarkian economy, worth 753 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 102,563 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Yohann Gluzterschmit claims to be the epitome of family values, popular candidates who don't suffer last-second political scandals tend to get fished out of the O'Reaben City River, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, and military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Goodclark's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Goodclark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Goodclark was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Goodclark, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Goodclark, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Goodclark, popular candidates who don't suffer last-second political scandals tend to get fished out of the O'Reaben City River.
- : Goodclark was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Goodclark ceased to exist.
- : Goodclark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- : Goodclark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- : Goodclark fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.