“United we stand!”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: Good Ol Boyz
The Catholic Republic of Goodclark is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Yohann Gluzterschmit with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.855 billion Goodclarkians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of O'Reaben City. The average income tax rate is 58%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Yohann Gluzterschmit's bedroom, O'Reaben City is a police state during international summits, the government is seen to favor Catholics, and consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Goodclark's national animal is the Tiger, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 5 days ago: Goodclark lodged a message on the Good Ol Boyz Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: Goodclark lodged a message on the Good Ol Boyz Regional Message Board.
- 8 days ago: Goodclark lodged a message on the Good Ol Boyz Regional Message Board.
- 10 days ago: Goodclark's influence in Good Ol Boyz fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Goodclark, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Goodclark, the government is seen to favor Catholics.
- 16 days ago: Goodclark changed its national faith to "Roman Catholicism" and its nation type to "Catholic Republic".
- 16 days ago: Goodclark altered its national flag.
- 17 days ago: Goodclark's influence in Good Ol Boyz fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 18 days ago: Goodclark's influence in Good Ol Boyz fell from "Superpower" to "Power".