“United we stand!”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Jewish Republic of Goodclark is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Yohann Gluzterschmit with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.68 billion Goodclarkians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of O'Reaben City. The average income tax rate is 55%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, billions of Dollars are being blown on orbital weapons development, and urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Goodclark's national animal is the Tiger, its national religion is Islam, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 34 days ago: Goodclark changed its national nation type to "Jewish Republic".
- 34 days ago: Goodclark altered its national flag.
- 62 days ago: Goodclark changed its national faith to "Islam" and its nation type to "Islamic Republic".
- 62 days ago: Goodclark altered its national flag.
- 62 days ago: Goodclark was refounded in Lazarus.
- 74 days ago: Goodclark ceased to exist.
- 74 days ago: Goodclark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 75 days ago: Goodclark was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 82 days ago: Goodclark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout.
- 84 days ago: Goodclark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.