The Christian Republic of Goodclark is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Yohann Gluzterschmit with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 7.976 billion Goodclarkians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of O'Reaben City. The average income tax rate is 30.8%.
The all-consuming Goodclarkian economy, worth 841 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 105,473 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, Yohann Gluzterschmit panders to nontraditional families, pro-life activists often lecture pregnant women undergoing routine prenatal screening, and the nation is currently revamping its entire education system. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Goodclark's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Goodclark was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Goodclark's influence in Coalition of Catholic States rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Goodclark was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Most Developed and Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Following new legislation in Goodclark, the nation is currently revamping its entire education system.
- : Goodclark's influence in Coalition of Catholic States rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Goodclark's influence in Coalition of Catholic States rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Goodclark's influence in Coalition of Catholic States rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Goodclark changed its national faith to "Roman Catholicism".
- : Goodclark relocated from Balder to Coalition of Catholic States.
- : Goodclark changed its national animal to "Dove", its faith to "Romantic Catholicism", its motto to "In unum Deum", and its nation type to "Christian Republic".