“You better not!”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
Location: The Union of Allied States
The Realm of Golfisgood is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Wizard with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.991 billion Golfisgoodians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ping Eye. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Golfisgood's national animal is the Albatross, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Birdie.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Golfisgood was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 4 hours ago: Golfisgood was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Golfisgood, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Golfisgood, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Golfisgood, minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament.
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Golfisgood, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Golfisgood, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- 5 hours ago: Golfisgood applied to join the World Assembly.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Golfisgood fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Golfisgood's influence in The Union of Allied States fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
Endorsements Received: None.