The Preponderance of Goethe is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, compulsory vegetarianism, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 22.124 billion Goetheans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Weimar. The average income tax rate is 38.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Goethean economy, worth a remarkable 2,120 trillion guilders a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 95,844 guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Bicyclists are banned from major roads, political activists are routinely executed, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, and guns are banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Goethe's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Goethe fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Goethe's influence in Nederland fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".
- : Goethe's influence in Nederland rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- : Goethe was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Goethe fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- : Goethe fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Goethe was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Goethe was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Goethe fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- : Goethe fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.