The Preponderance of Goethe is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe with an iron fist, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 21.626 billion Goetheans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Weimar. The average income tax rate is 38.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Goethean economy, worth a remarkable 2,072 trillion guilders a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 95,844 guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Bicyclists are banned from major roads, political activists are routinely executed, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, and guns are banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Goethe's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 11 hours ago
- 10 days ago: Goethe fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 14 days ago: Goethe fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 39 days ago: Goethe was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 59 days ago: Goethe was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 72 days ago: Goethe fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 77 days ago: Goethe fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 88 days ago: Goethe was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest (last census: Top 5%).
- 90 days ago: Goethe fell out of the world Top 5% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 122 days ago: Goethe fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 186 days ago: Goethe was struck by a Cure Missile from The Free Democracy of Ballotonia, curing 1 million infected.