“Regnum populi per populum.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
The Commonwealth of Glen-Rhodes is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by James Ferrig with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, intelligent population of 13.244 billion Rhodesians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Port. The average income tax rate is 68%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The arms industry is strictly regulated, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, voting is compulsory, and the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Glen-Rhodes's national animal is the Mute Swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is the United Church of Rhodes, and its currency is the Glen-Rhodes Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 98 minutes ago
- 1 day ago: Glen-Rhodes's influence in Kyzikos rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Glen-Rhodes was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Glen-Rhodes was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 11 days ago: Glen-Rhodes was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Glen-Rhodes's influence in Kyzikos rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 27 days ago: Glen-Rhodes changed its national demonym to "Rhodesian" and its demonym adjective to "Rhodesian".
- 29 days ago: Glen-Rhodes was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 1%).
- 35 days ago: Glen-Rhodes was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 5%).
- 36 days ago: Glen-Rhodes fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 40 days ago: Glen-Rhodes fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.