The Senatorial Triumvirate of Gitchie Manito is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by The Council of Three Fires with a fair hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 7.039 billion Manitans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Michilimackinac. The average income tax rate is 49.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Manitan economy, worth a remarkable 1,057 trillion Bawazigaywins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Soda Sales, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 150,212 Bawazigaywins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Michilimackinac Times is sold out, the Manitan Babysitters Club has proven to be a huge relief to stressed-out parents across the nation, and cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gitchie Manito's national animal is the Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is unofficial.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gitchie Manito voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Researching Unique Ecosystems".
- : Gitchie Manito voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Proscription on Living Shields".
- : Gitchie Manito voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wallenburg".
- : Gitchie Manito voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Read the Resolution Act"".
- : Gitchie Manito was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Iridescent Pears.
- : Following new legislation in Gitchie Manito, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Following new legislation in Gitchie Manito, the Manitan Babysitters Club has proven to be a huge relief to stressed-out parents across the nation.
- : Gitchie Manito endorsed The Protectorate of Paffnia.
- : Following new legislation in Gitchie Manito, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Michilimackinac Times is sold out.
- : Following new legislation in Gitchie Manito, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Rex Republic, Tzo, Mystiquelle, Christian Indonesia, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Lebenlauf, United Governments of Newrope, Earth Federation, Jamestonian Empire, Screaming Saint, The imperial state of Japan, Coreras, Testa, Wolfhunters, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Steidenland, FreeGunsForAll, Puerto Barrio, Kokkinostan, Nojia, Blogotopia, Osea Island, Pacific Commonwealth, The United Dog Days Providence, Zaqaz Death, Zeganas, American Republic of Independent States, New Quantopia, Fiodiya, Linkdahero, Ilha Rongo Koa, Ojukai, West Civandia, Creeptopia, Randomain, Hacame, Achiotopia, Zyrcrestia, Hamtown, Germanahii, Pavaro, Dustwind, Wysrod, HN67, Caesarian Rule, The Republic of lkxciv, Neo-Fantasia, Zeklandia, Samanar, AmericaIS THE BEST, and 7 others.Tyraina, Khartago, The Peach Islands, Trussiama, Paffnia, Drakkar Unitary Absolutist, and Iridescent Pears.