“We Rise As Our Own”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Senatorial Triumvirate of Gitchie Manito is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by The Council of Three Fires with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.45 billion Manitans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Michilimackinac. The average income tax rate is 68%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, graffiti graces every city's streets, nude art is becoming wildly popular, and prison visits increase substantially during election years. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Gitchie Manito's national animal is the Otter, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is unofficial, and its currency is the Bawazigaywin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 81 minutes ago: Gitchie Manito was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 9 days ago: Gitchie Manito was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Gitchie Manito, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Gitchie Manito, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- 10 days ago: Gitchie Manito voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 10 days ago: Gitchie Manito voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 17 days ago: Gitchie Manito was endorsed by The Goddess Relief Office of Anime Daisuki.
- 18 days ago: Gitchie Manito changed its national demonym to "Manitan" and its demonym adjective to "Manitan".
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Gitchie Manito, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 23 days ago: Gitchie Manito voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Yohannes".
Endorsements Received: 31 » Benevolent Thomas, Rex Republic, Tzo, Dendor, Mystiquelle, Christian Indonesia, Nubpryton, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Chronopolice, Wisdomseekers, Future of Mankind, Lebenlauf, United Governments of Newrope, Earth Federation, Freres La Cote, Jamestonian Empire, Screaming Saint, Apollonesia, Rojikstan, The imperial state of Japan, Spadanera, Mauanroozn, Kokkinostan, Coreras, Testa, Wolfhunters, Laan, Aeneasia, Thomason, Lost Islands of Pantagon, and Skiles Empire.