“We Rise As Our Own”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Senatorial Triumvirate of Gitchie Manito is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Council of Three Fires with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.459 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Michilimackinac. The average income tax rate is 65%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
The Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, 'Mountain Doobie' is widely regarded as the nation's favourite drink, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gitchie Manito's national animal is the Otter, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is unofficial, and its currency is the Bawazigaywin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 4 days ago: Gitchie Manito fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 7 days ago: Gitchie Manito was endorsed by The Theocracy of Indigo Coast.
- 22 days ago: Gitchie Manito was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 5%).
- 28 days ago: Gitchie Manito was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 31 days ago: Gitchie Manito was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 31 days ago: Gitchie Manito was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 10%).
- 33 days ago: Gitchie Manito was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 34 days ago: Gitchie Manito was endorsed by The Holistic Empire of United Kingdom of Selesnia.
- 40 days ago: Gitchie Manito was struck by a Cure Missile from The Rogue Isles of Palman, curing 18 million infected.
- 43 days ago: Gitchie Manito was endorsed by The Geniocracy of Invictus.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Lubnid, Achiotopia, Chronopolice, Tzo, Sionis Prioratus, Screaming Saint, The Soylent Green Party, Nargodia, Earth Federation, Neo Kingston, Randen, Minama, Sheldanada, Wisdomseekers, Eaglleia, Edgemaster, Thesan, Rex Republic, Blogotopia, Cammiwoo, Republic of VEW, Quineticut, KooKachoo, Spadanera, Beezelbub, The imperial state of Japan, Solleana, Christian Indonesia, Hayden Island, Boxner, Freres La Cote, Zyrcrestia, Sino-Japan and Korea, Coreras, Dustwind, Beiluxia, Tinbo, Terran123, Imperial Royal Union, Serpidal, Look to Windward, Sehkmet, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, Terra Amazonia, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Anollasia, Steidenland, Ayunli, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Thomason, and 14 others.Quantraint, Northern Koryeo, Britannium, Wailfolk, Fulheim, Cerb, Kelvinski, Puerto Barrio, Witchcraft and Sorcery, Christopolas, Jusra, Western Zweiback, Invictus, and Indigo Coast.