The Senatorial Triumvirate of Gitchie Manito is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by The Council of Three Fires with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.799 billion Manitans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Michilimackinac. The average income tax rate is 42.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Manitan economy, worth a remarkable 1,342 trillion Bawazigaywins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Soda Sales, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 152,608 Bawazigaywins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The new coalition government has 99 problems and can't agree on how to fix one, advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines, torture is illegal, and The Council of Three Fires's relatives have been married into the royal families of foreign nations against their will. Crime is totally unknown. Gitchie Manito's national animal is the Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is unofficial.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gitchie Manito, The Council of Three Fires's relatives have been married into the royal families of foreign nations against their will.
- : Gitchie Manito voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Utopia"".
- : Gitchie Manito voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Partially Born".
- : Gitchie Manito was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Gitchie Manito was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Gitchie Manito voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act".
- : Gitchie Manito was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest and Highest Economic Output and the Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- : Gitchie Manito voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate California".
- : Gitchie Manito was endorsed by The Free Republic of Belhomme.
- : Gitchie Manito voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Place that has No Big Banks".
Endorsements Received: 16 » Otis-T, Catanthia, Iizaarland, BearNation, New Angleterre, Urdustan, Zevaran, United Kingdom of Aitkenland, Djanoubia, Duodez, Carrico, Genesis Fifteen, European American States, Tranquilliana, Marsaries, and Belhomme.