The Principality of Giscuambourg is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by HRH Prince Seymour XI with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cynical, humorless population of 13.465 billion Giscuams are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Giscuambourg. The average income tax rate is 44.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient giscuam economy, worth a remarkable 1,946 trillion Giscuam Dollars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 144,584 Giscuam Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Skateparks can be found in every city, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, major cities are suffering under water rationing, and even the nation's brussel sprouts are delicious and nutritious. Crime is totally unknown. Giscuambourg's national animal is the Giscuam Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Giscuambourg was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Libertarian Police State".
- : Giscuambourg endorsed The Democratic Republic of Tranquilliana.
- : Giscuambourg was reclassified from "Libertarian Police State" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Giscuambourg was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Tranquilliana.
- : Giscuambourg endorsed The Gay Paradise of Djanoubia.
- : Giscuambourg was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Giscuambourg's influence in Gay fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Giscuambourg was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Giscuambourg was endorsed by The Gay Paradise of Djanoubia.
- : Giscuambourg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Emory, Kundu, Marsaries, Mattrolanka, Iizaarland, Alfoldia, Celdonie, BearNation, Alabay, Roulantina, Catanthia, Urdustan, New Angleterre, Saint-Sebastian, East Mozambique, United Kingdom of Aitkenland, Zevaran, Carrico, Djanoubia, and Tranquilliana.