“Sumus quod dicimus”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Grandes' Duchy of Giscuambourg is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by HRH the Grande Duke Seymour X with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, hard-working population of 9.269 billion Giscuambourgers have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Giscuambourg. The average income tax rate is 77%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Discarded pennies litter the streets, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service, citizens are more concerned about voting for Big Brother contestants than politicians, and the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Giscuambourg's national animal is the Giscuambourger Weasel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Giscuambourger Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Giscuambourg was endorsed by The Homotopia of Saint-Sebastian.
- 5 days ago: Giscuambourg was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 9 days ago: Giscuambourg fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 12 days ago: Giscuambourg lost the endorsement of The Imperial Principality of Eerlijk.
- 12 days ago: Giscuambourg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 days ago: Giscuambourg was endorsed by The Imperial Principality of Eerlijk.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Giscuambourg, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Giscuambourg, citizens are more concerned about voting for Big Brother contestants than politicians.
- 26 days ago: Following new legislation in Giscuambourg, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service.
- 28 days ago: Giscuambourg was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".