The Principality of Giscuambourg is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by HRH Prince Seymour XI with an iron fist, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cynical, humorless population of 13.266 billion Giscuams are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Giscuambourg. The average income tax rate is 42.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient giscuam economy, worth a remarkable 1,937 trillion Giscuam Dollars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 146,078 Giscuam Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Skateparks can be found in every city, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, major cities are suffering under water rationing, and even the nation's brussel sprouts are delicious and nutritious. Crime is totally unknown. Giscuambourg's national animal is the Giscuam Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Giscuambourg was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Tranquilliana.
- : Giscuambourg endorsed The Gay Paradise of Djanoubia.
- : Giscuambourg was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Giscuambourg's influence in Gay fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Giscuambourg was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Giscuambourg was endorsed by The Gay Paradise of Djanoubia.
- : Giscuambourg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Giscuambourg was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Giscuambourg was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Giscuambourg was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Emory, Kundu, Marsaries, Mattrolanka, Iizaarland, Alfoldia, Celdonie, BearNation, Alabay, Roulantina, Catanthia, Urdustan, New Angleterre, Aqaetaine, Saint-Sebastian, East Mozambique, Belhomme, United Kingdom of Aitkenland, Zevaran, Carrico, Djanoubia, and Tranquilliana.