“Sumus quod dicimus”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Duché des Grandes of Giscuambourg is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by SAR la Grande Duc Seymour IX with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 8.422 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Giscuambourg. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 73%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Inheritance tax has recently been abolished, the people of Giscuambourg are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, and a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Giscuambourg's national animal is the Belette giscuambourgeoise, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Dollar giscuambourgeois.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 14 hours ago: Giscuambourg lost the endorsement of The Community of Duodez.
- 4 days ago: Giscuambourg endorsed The Empire of Corealis.
- 4 days ago: Giscuambourg endorsed The Pannonian Commonwealth of Alfoldia.
- 4 days ago: Giscuambourg endorsed The Queendom of Kristinia.
- 5 days ago: Giscuambourg was endorsed by The Queendom of Kristinia.
- 5 days ago: Giscuambourg was endorsed by The Pannonian Commonwealth of Alfoldia.
- 7 days ago: Giscuambourg was endorsed by The Empire of Corealis.
- 7 days ago: Giscuambourg was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 10 days ago: Giscuambourg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Giscuambourg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.