The Bloodsoaked Wasteland of Gidoristan is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Overlord with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, suspicion of poets, and self-igniting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 12.371 billion Gidoristanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Healthcare and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Installation 04. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Gidoristanian economy, worth a remarkable 4,120 trillion skulls of its enemy a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an amazing 333,038 skulls of its enemy, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,160,430 per year while the poor average 69,590, a ratio of 16.7 to 1.
The government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get the Overlord off a murder charge, trouble-makers are frequently turned in to the government to be 'recycled', the nation is under martial law, and teens are voting on which C-List pop star will be next to be evicted from the opera house. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Gidoristan's national animal is the zombie, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is worshipping the Overlord.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gidoristan's influence in The New Inquisition rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Gidoristan fell out of the world Top 1% for Safest.
- : Gidoristan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 1%).
- : Gidoristan fell out of the regional Top 5% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 1%).