The Bloodsoaked Wasteland of Gidoristan is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the Overlord with an iron fist, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, free-roaming dinosaurs, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 13.335 billion Gidoristanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Healthcare and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Installation 04. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Gidoristanian economy, worth a remarkable 4,190 trillion skulls of its enemieses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an amazing 314,236 skulls of its enemieses, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,002,657 per year while the poor average 74,867, a ratio of 13.4 to 1.
Zombie sanctuaries have been taken over by hydraulic fracturing sites, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, cinemas play art-house movies to ever-shrinking audiences as film critics rule the industry, and the strong are acquitted and the weak are trampled in trial by a zombie. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Gidoristan's national animal is the zombie, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is worshipping the Overlord.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Gidoristan, the strong are acquitted and the weak are trampled in trial by a zombie.
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Retail Industry and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector and Largest Basket Weaving Sector and the Top 5% for Largest Populations.
- : Gidoristan's influence in The New Inquisition rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Following new legislation in Gidoristan, cinemas play art-house movies to ever-shrinking audiences as film critics rule the industry.
- : Gidoristan's influence in The New Inquisition fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".