The Bloodsoaked Wasteland of Gidoristan is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the Overlord with an iron fist, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, suspicion of poets, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 13.867 billion Gidoristanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Healthcare and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Installation 04. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Gidoristanian economy, worth a remarkable 4,366 trillion skulls of its enemieses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an amazing 314,908 skulls of its enemieses, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 992,182 per year while the poor average 76,420, a ratio of 13.0 to 1.
Cinemas play art-house movies to ever-shrinking audiences as film critics rule the industry, the strong are acquitted and the weak are trampled in trial by a zombie, the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists, and the nation's image rights are the strictest in the world. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Gidoristan's national animal is the zombie, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is worshipping the Overlord.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gidoristan, the nation's image rights are the strictest in the world.
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market, Largest Basket Weaving Sector, Most Stationary, and Largest Retail Industry and the Top 5% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Gidoristan was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Mediccopolis.
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Following new legislation in Gidoristan, the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists.
- : Gidoristan endorsed The Free Scientific Paradise of The Emerald World.
- : Gidoristan was endorsed by The Free Scientific Paradise of The Emerald World.
- : Gidoristan lost the endorsement of The Free Scientific Paradise of The Emerald World.
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.