The Bloodsoaked Wasteland of Gidoristan is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the Overlord with an iron fist, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, anti-smoking policies, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 11.377 billion Gidoristanians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Installation 04. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Gidoristanian economy, worth a remarkable 4,598 trillion skulls of its enemy a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 404,218 skulls of its enemy, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,802,814 per year while the poor average 56,309, a ratio of 32.0 to 1.
The nation's secret service is so secret that nobody knows if it has one, the zombie is reportedly extinct, it is a crime to operate a combine harvester while intoxicated, and the nation is committed to nuclear rearmament. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gidoristan's national animal is the zombie, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is worshipping the Overlord.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gidoristan, the nation is committed to nuclear rearmament.
- : Following new legislation in Gidoristan, it is a crime to operate a combine harvester while intoxicated.
- : Gidoristan endorsed The Empire of 0rlais.
- : Gidoristan was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Corporate Police State".
- : Gidoristan was endorsed by The Empire of 0rlais.
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- : Gidoristan fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- : Gidoristan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.