“Armageddon starts here”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
Location: The New Inquisition
The Bloodsoaked Wasteland of Gidoristan is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by the Overlord with an iron fist, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 9.316 billion Gidoristanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Installation 04. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology.
Farmers are struggling to keep up with demand for local produce, fearful citizens watch their every move as does their government, pro-democracy protesters are shot on sight by state police, and invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Gidoristan's national animal is the zombie, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is worshipping the Overlord, and its currency is the skulls of its enemies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 5 days ago: Gidoristan's influence in The New Inquisition fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- 5 days ago: Gidoristan's influence in The New Inquisition rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 6 days ago: Gidoristan's influence in The New Inquisition fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Gidoristan, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Gidoristan, pro-democracy protesters are shot on sight by state police.
- 7 days ago: Gidoristan endorsed The Dominion of SteinHelm.
- 9 days ago: Gidoristan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 12 days ago: Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 days ago: Gidoristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).