The Jingoistic States of Get-Wired is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and remarkable for its enslaved workforce, fear of technology, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.327 billion Get-Wiredians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Spirituality, Industry, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Get-Wired City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 78.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Get-Wiredian economy, worth a remarkable 3,783 trillion Silver Reindeer a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, Uranium Mining, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 454,353 Silver Reindeer, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,660,995 per year while the poor average 88,158, a ratio of 18.8 to 1.
Emergency room admissions for 'stampede injuries' have skyrocketed since the introduction of weekly Sabbath Eve sales, birds and children's kites are regularly brought down by anti-aircraft fire, Get-Wired's newly-famous raindances to summon storms instead attract tourists from all over PC World, and prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Get-Wired's national animal is the Turkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Get-Wired was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Get-Wired fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Get-Wired's influence in PC World rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : Get-Wired's influence in PC World fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Get-Wired was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- : Get-Wired was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Get-Wired was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Get-Wired was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- : Get-Wired was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Get-Wired was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.