The Empire of German is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Janůs Hitner with an iron fist, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 5.368 billion Germanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eagleton. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 88.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Germanian economy, worth 734 trillion Euros a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 136,870 Euros, with the richest citizens earning 8.1 times as much as the poorest.
A National Academy regulates grammar and usage, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, and Janůs Hitner is worshipped as a god. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. German's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Norse.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : German's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : German was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : German's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : German was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : German's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : German was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and the Top 5% for Largest Governments.
- : German's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : German changed its national leader to "Janůs Hitner".
- : German was refounded in Balder.
- : German ceased to exist.