The Empire of German is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Janós Marx with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 3.897 billion Germanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eagleton. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 90.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Germanian economy, worth 529 trillion Euros a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 135,984 Euros, with the richest citizens earning 8.1 times as much as the poorest.
A National Academy regulates grammar and usage, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, and Janós Marx is worshipped as a god. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. German's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Norse.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : German was ranked #1 in the region for Stupidest Citizens.
- : German was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : German was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : German fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : German was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : German was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pro-Market.
- : German was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : German was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : German was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : German was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.