The Trans-species Star Community of Genomita is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by the high council with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.932 billion Genomitans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Social Policy, Welfare, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Dalaskja. The average income tax rate is 76.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Genomitan economy, worth a remarkable 1,121 trillion genomitan credits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 112,885 genomitan credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills, the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal, the GBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, and corporate innovation has effectively ended since ideas can no longer be owned. Crime is totally unknown. Genomita's national animal is the Qauran Fortress Crab, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 17 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Genomita was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 hours ago: Genomita was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Genomita voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 6 days ago: Genomita was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 7 days ago: Genomita was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Genomita, corporate innovation has effectively ended since ideas can no longer be owned.
- 9 days ago: Genomita was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 11 days ago: Genomita lodged a message on the The Local Cluster Regional Message Board.
- 25 days ago: Genomita fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 28 days ago: Genomita was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: None.