“We stand as one, lest we perish alone”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Instigator
Location: Realm of Unrestricted Science
The Trans-species Star Community of Genomita is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by the high council with a fair hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 8.616 billion Genomitans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Dalaskja. The average income tax rate is 96%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Cars are banned from built-up areas, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and prison visits increase substantially during election years. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Genomita's national animal is the Qauran Fortress Crab, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the genomitan credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 55 minutes ago
- 44 minutes ago: Genomita was endorsed by The People's Republic of Zazumo.
- 15 hours ago: Genomita was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 1%).
- 15 hours ago: Genomita was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Genomita was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 5 days ago: Genomita was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 36 days ago: Genomita fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 37 days ago: Genomita was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 56 days ago: Genomita was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 58 days ago: Genomita fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 65 days ago: Genomita lodged a message on the Realm of Unrestricted Science Regional Message Board.