“We stand as one, lest we perish alone”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: The Local Cluster
The Trans-species Star Community of Genomita is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by the high council with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.513 billion Genomitans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Dalaskja. The average income tax rate is 96%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Prison visits increase substantially during election years, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills, the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal, and the GBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Genomita's national animal is the Qauran Fortress Crab, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the genomitan credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 21 days ago: Genomita was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Genomita fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nudest.
- 30 days ago: Genomita was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 30 days ago: Genomita was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 32 days ago: Genomita was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 38 days ago: Genomita was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 45 days ago: Genomita was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 49 days ago: Genomita altered its national flag.
- 50 days ago: Genomita altered its national flag.
- 51 days ago: Genomita's influence in The Local Cluster rose from "Minnow" to "Duckspeaker".
Endorsements Received: None.