“We stand as one, lest we perish alone”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: Realm of Unrestricted Science
The Extropist Star Community of Genomita is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by the high council with a fair hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.28 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Dalaskja. The average income tax rate is 95%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Cars are banned from built-up areas, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and prison visits increase substantially during election years. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Genomita's national animal is the Qauran Fortress Crab, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the genomitan credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 7 days ago: Genomita's influence in Realm of Unrestricted Science rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 10 days ago: Genomita fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 30 days ago: Genomita was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 33 days ago: Genomita was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Korbiov.
- 34 days ago: Genomita was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 36 days ago: Genomita was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 42 days ago: Genomita was struck by a Cure Missile from The Scientific Collectives of Frenequesta, curing 83 million infected.
- 42 days ago: The Holy Technocracy of New Amerik was struck by a Cure Missile from Genomita, curing 3 million infected.
- 43 days ago: The Nekomimi Hivemind of The Children of Mama was struck by a Cure Missile from Genomita, curing 2 million infected.
- 43 days ago: The Scientific Collectives of Frenequesta was struck by a Cure Missile from Genomita, curing 2 million infected.