The United States of General Hammond is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Major General George Hammond with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, daily referendums, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 8.656 billion Hammondians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stargate Command. The average income tax rate is 32.9%.
The frighteningly efficient General Hammondian economy, worth a remarkable 1,044 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 120,625 Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, the government struggles to keep up with the endless list of petrol disasters, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. General Hammond's national animal is the Asgard, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 12 hours ago
- 1 day 12 hours ago: General Hammond approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Liberate Democratia"".
- 1 day 12 hours ago: General Hammond voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 1 day 12 hours ago: General Hammond lodged a message on the Stargate Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: General Hammond was endorsed by The 4th Dynasty Goa'uld Empire of System-Lord Baal.
- 4 days ago: General Hammond was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 5 days ago: General Hammond was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: General Hammond fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 7 days ago: General Hammond voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Genetically Modified Foods"".
- 7 days ago: General Hammond approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"".
- 8 days ago: General Hammond was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).