“The SGC is my Command. You'll go where I tell you to!”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The United States of General Hammond is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by Major General George Hammond with an iron fist, and renowned for its suspicion of poets. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.511 billion are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stargate Command. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 32%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Automobile Manufacturing.
Businesses have become paranoid as waves of lawsuits sweep the nation, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, police officers have been re-kitted with designer uniforms and gold plated handcuffs, and the government has become increasingly militant. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. General Hammond's national animal is the Asgard, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: General Hammond was endorsed by The Dictatorship of The Democratic Republic of Tomb.
- 11 hours ago: General Hammond was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Tom Sawyer.
- 15 hours ago: General Hammond voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Sanitation".
- 3 days 12 hours ago: General Hammond approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn United Soviet States of African Russia".
- 3 days 12 hours ago: General Hammond approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Medical Facilities Protection"".
- 3 days 12 hours ago: General Hammond approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 3 days 12 hours ago: General Hammond voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 4 days ago: General Hammond was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Tehiloh.
- 5 days ago: General Hammond was endorsed by The Holy Empire of I Wish.
- 5 days ago: General Hammond was endorsed by The Kingdom of Bipolar Bears.