The United States of General Hammond is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Major General George Hammond with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, devout population of 9.418 billion Hammondians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stargate Command. The average income tax rate is 34.0%.
The frighteningly efficient General Hammondian economy, worth a remarkable 1,155 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 122,652 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, soldiers with colourful mohawks make themselves perfect targets for snipers, the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means, and crop circles are intently studied by investigators with questionable merits. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. General Hammond's national animal is the Asgard, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: General Hammond lodged a message on the Stargate Regional Message Board.
- 7 hours ago: General Hammond was endorsed by The Colonel BB of WaffenBrightonburg.
- 4 days ago: General Hammond approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Condemn the Greater German Reich"".
- 4 days ago: General Hammond lodged a message on the Stargate Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: General Hammond fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 8 days ago: General Hammond voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Congress of Armed Proletarian States"".
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in General Hammond, crop circles are intently studied by investigators with questionable merits.
- 17 days ago: General Hammond changed its national motto to "Yee-Hah!".
- 18 days ago: General Hammond voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of Indigenous Peoples".
- 20 days ago: General Hammond lodged a message on the Stargate Regional Message Board.