“The SGC is my Command. You'll go where I tell you to!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The United States of General Hammond is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by Major General George Hammond with an even hand, and remarkable for its suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.329 billion General Hammondians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stargate Command. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 45%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Automobile Manufacturing.
Spies caught in General Hammond are never heard from again, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, skateparks can be found in every city, and the government has become increasingly militant. Crime is a problem. General Hammond's national animal is the Asgard, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: General Hammond approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"".
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in General Hammond, the government has become increasingly militant.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: General Hammond voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 4 days ago: General Hammond fell out of the world Top 10% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 9 days ago: General Hammond voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders"".
- 9 days ago: General Hammond approved the World Assembly proposal "Child Pornography Ban".
- 9 days ago: General Hammond was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 13 days ago: General Hammond voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Yohannes".
- 13 days ago: General Hammond voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Child Welfare in Adoption".
- 13 days ago: General Hammond lodged a message on the Stargate Regional Message Board.