“The SGC is my Command. You'll go where I tell you to!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The United States of General Hammond is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Major General George Hammond with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.857 billion Hammondians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stargate Command. The average income tax rate is 47%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Automobile Manufacturing.
Farmers are struggling to keep up with demand for local produce, immigrant herding has become a national pastime, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, and Asgards are becoming popular in pet stores nationwide. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. General Hammond's national animal is the Asgard, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: General Hammond was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 22 hours ago: General Hammond voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 22 hours ago: General Hammond voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rules of Surrender".
- 22 hours ago: General Hammond lodged a message on the Stargate Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: General Hammond was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: General Hammond voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn North Korea"".
- 5 days ago: General Hammond approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 5 days ago: General Hammond was endorsed by The OBI Lieutenant Le Duc of Saint-Roque.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in General Hammond, Asgards are becoming popular in pet stores nationwide.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in General Hammond, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.