The United States of General Hammond is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Major General George Hammond with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 9.177 billion Hammondians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stargate Command. The average income tax rate is 32.5%.
The frighteningly efficient General Hammondian economy, worth a remarkable 1,116 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 121,608 Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government struggles to keep up with the endless list of petrol disasters, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, soldiers with colourful mohawks make themselves perfect targets for snipers, and the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. General Hammond's national animal is the Asgard, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 2 hours ago
- 3 days 2 hours ago: General Hammond lodged a message on the Stargate Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: General Hammond voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Sexual Privacy Act"".
- 4 days ago: General Hammond lodged a message on the Stargate Regional Message Board.
- 9 days ago: General Hammond was endorsed by The Federation of Elinas.
- 10 days ago: General Hammond endorsed The Federal Republic of Pegasus Planets.
- 10 days ago: General Hammond lodged a message on the Stargate Regional Message Board.
- 11 days ago: General Hammond fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 15 days ago: General Hammond was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Pegasus Planets.
- 18 days ago: General Hammond approved the World Assembly proposal "Whistleblower Protection Act".
- 18 days ago: General Hammond approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Responsible Arms Trading"".