The United States of General Hammond is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Major General George Hammond with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, zero percent divorce rate, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 8.844 billion Hammondians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stargate Command. The average income tax rate is 33.5%.
The frighteningly efficient General Hammondian economy, worth a remarkable 1,067 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 120,739 Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government struggles to keep up with the endless list of petrol disasters, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, soldiers with colourful mohawks make themselves perfect targets for snipers, and the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. General Hammond's national animal is the Asgard, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: General Hammond voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Historia Novorum".
- 18 hours ago: General Hammond voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Scientific Cooperation".
- 18 hours ago: General Hammond lodged a message on the Stargate Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: General Hammond fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 4 days ago: General Hammond fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in General Hammond, the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means.
- 9 days ago: General Hammond was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- 12 days ago: General Hammond voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Infectious Disease Control".
- 13 days ago: General Hammond was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 days ago: General Hammond was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).