The Royal Federation of Geisenfried is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Alexander IV with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, daily referendums, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 21.91 billion Geisens enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Königseifert. The average income tax rate is 55.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Geisen economy, worth a remarkable 2,554 trillion geldenmarks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 116,595 geldenmarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, and King Alexander IV has just been declared ruler of Geisenfried in an international press conference. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Geisenfried's national animal is the golden eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 7 days ago: Geisenfried changed its national motto to "Alis aquilae".
- 7 days ago: Geisenfried changed its national motto to "Fiat iustitia ruat caelum".
- 7 days ago: Geisenfried changed its national motto to "Fiat justitia ruat caelum".
- 17 days ago: Geisenfried lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 20 days ago: Geisenfried fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 28 days ago: Geisenfried fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 33 days ago: Geisenfried lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 40 days ago: Geisenfried was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 45 days ago: Geisenfried was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 47 days ago: Geisenfried was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).