“Frieden und Wohlstand”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
The Federal Monarchy of Geilinor is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Chancellor Mainzer and Queen Alexandra with a fair hand, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 9.973 billion Geilinorites hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Holversahn. The average income tax rate is 94%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Woodchip Exports.
All guns must be registered, voting is voluntary, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, and discarded pennies litter the streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Geilinor's national animal is the Red-crowned crane, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Geilinorite Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Geilinor was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Geilinor, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Geilinor, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Geilinor, voting is voluntary.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Geilinor, all guns must be registered.
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Geilinor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Geilinor, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Geilinor, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Geilinor's radio stations.
- 6 days ago: Geilinor fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 6 days ago: Geilinor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Black Riders".