“Ansteigen durch den Himmel mit Frieden und Wohlstand”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
The Federal Monarchy of Geilinor is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Chancellor Mainzer and Queen Alexandra with a fair hand, and renowned for its restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 9.662 billion Geilinorians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Social Welfare and Healthcare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Holversahn. The average income tax rate is 94%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Woodchip Exports.
Government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, Geilinor has been recently classified as an international menace after 'liberating' several nearby territories, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss, and recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Geilinor's national animal is the Red-crowned crane, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Geilinorite Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Geilinor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Geilinor was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Ikora.
- 5 days ago: Geilinor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: Geilinor was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Geilinor was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 11 days ago: Geilinor was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 16 days ago: Geilinor altered its national flag.
- 17 days ago: Geilinor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 18 days ago: Geilinor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Spills and Leaks".
- 18 days ago: Geilinor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Yohannes".