“Cum Gaudia Infinita”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Coalition of Catholic States
The Holy Republic of Gebidia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Marcus Oritas with a fair hand, and remarkable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, intelligent population of 7.659 billion Gebidians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arvoria. The average income tax rate is 76%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme, churches frequently hold public 'contraception burnings', political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and all beauty contests have been banned. Crime is totally unknown. Gebidia's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Denalm.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gebidia, all beauty contests have been banned.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Gebidia endorsed The United Provinces of Santa Bernarda.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Gebidia endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Nolor.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gebidia, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- 7 days ago: Gebidia's influence in Coalition of Catholic States rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 12 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: #1).
- 14 days ago: Gebidia was endorsed by The United Provinces of Santa Bernarda.
- 22 days ago: Gebidia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 25 days ago: Following new legislation in Gebidia, churches frequently hold public 'contraception burnings'.
- 26 days ago: Gebidia fell out of the world Top 10% for Nudest.