“Cum Gaudia Infinita”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Coalition of Catholic States
The Holy Republic of Gebidia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Marcus Oritas with a fair hand, and notable for its public floggings, daily referendums, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 8.576 billion Gebidians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, with Welfare, Spirituality, and Environment also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arvoria. The average income tax rate is 5.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gebidian economy, worth a remarkable 1,196 trillion Denalms a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 139,470 Denalms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Torture is illegal, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare, and more and more students are taking up a career in medicine. Crime is totally unknown. Gebidia's national animal is the Badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 98 minutes ago
- 23 hours ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 1%).
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Gebidia, more and more students are taking up a career in medicine.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gebidia, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Gebidia, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Gebidia, torture is illegal.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Gebidia, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- 6 days ago: Gebidia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 7 days ago: Gebidia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Gebidia, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 9 days ago: Gebidia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".