“Cum Gaudia Infinita”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Coalition of Catholic States
The Holy Republic of Gebidia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Marcus Oritas with a fair hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 7.74 billion Gebidians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arvoria. The average income tax rate is 77%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, all beauty contests have been banned, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, and Gebidia's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas. Crime is totally unknown. Gebidia's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Denalm.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Gebidia, Gebidia's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- 6 days ago: Gebidia endorsed The Theocratic Ecclesiocracy of The Holy Cee.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Gebidia, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Gebidia, all beauty contests have been banned.
- 14 days ago: Gebidia endorsed The United Provinces of Santa Bernarda.
- 14 days ago: Gebidia endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Nolor.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Gebidia, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- 20 days ago: Gebidia's influence in Coalition of Catholic States rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 25 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: #1).
- 27 days ago: Gebidia was endorsed by The United Provinces of Santa Bernarda.