The Holy Republic of Gebidia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Marcus Oritas with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.504 billion Gebidians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, with Welfare, Spirituality, and Environment also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arvoria. The average income tax rate is 7.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gebidian economy, worth a remarkable 1,321 trillion Denalms a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 139,015 Denalms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, Gebidia has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, and the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Arvoria for fear of causing a fuss. Crime is totally unknown. Gebidia's national animal is the Badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gebidia's influence in Coalition of Catholic States fell from "Hegemony" to "Superpower".
- : Gebidia was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of San Juan de Sinka.
- : Gebidia was endorsed by The Federal Tri-State of Aquilaris.
- : Gebidia was endorsed by The Elective Monarchial Empire of Crescitia.
- : Gebidia lodged a message on the Coalition of Catholic States Regional Message Board.
- : Gebidia endorsed The Free Land of Blyskalian International Relations.
- : Gebidia endorsed The Federal Tri-State of Aquilaris.
- : Gebidia endorsed The Elective Monarchial Empire of Crescitia.
- : Gebidia endorsed The Holy Catholic Czardom of Wagafraga.
- : Gebidia endorsed The Empire of Synaxis.