“Cum Gaudia Infinita”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Coalition of Catholic States
The Holy Republic of Gebidia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Marcus Oritas with a fair hand, and renowned for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, intelligent population of 1.082 billion, 1.039 billion of whom are zombies, Gebidians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arvoria. The average income tax rate is 79%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, Gebidia's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, the welfare administration's new sweeping authority has forced the poor and needy to shop from pre-approved grocery lists, and pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government. Crime is totally unknown. Gebidia's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Denalm.
Gebidia is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 0.54%
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 9 hours ago: Gebidia was struck by a Cure Missile from The Holy Catholic Czardom of Wagafraga, curing 70 million infected.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Gebidia was endorsed by The Kingdom of United Crown of Albitanya.
- 5 days ago: Gebidia was endorsed by The Holy Catholic Czardom of Wagafraga.
- 7 days ago: Gebidia lost the endorsement of The Holy Catholic Czardom of Wagafraga.
- 7 days ago: Gebidia was ranked #1 in the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: Gebidia was endorsed by The Fiefdom of Ano Syros.
- 9 days ago: Gebidia lost the endorsement of The Republic of Look Here.
- 9 days ago: Gebidia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Tobliron Mining Brigade 14.
- 9 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 9 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).