The Holy Republic of Gebidia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Marcus Oritas with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.033 billion Gebidians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, although Welfare, Spirituality, and Environment are also considered important, while Law & Order and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arvoria. The average income tax rate is 6.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gebidian economy, worth a remarkable 1,255 trillion Denalms a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 138,992 Denalms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare, more and more students are taking up a career in medicine, and the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees. Crime is totally unknown. Gebidia's national animal is the Badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 2 hours ago: Gebidia fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 8 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 9 days ago: Gebidia relocated from Lazarus to Petria.
- 10 days ago: Gebidia was removed from the regional ban list of Coalition of Catholic States by The Holy Catholic Czardom of Wagafraga.
- 10 days ago: Gebidia was banned from Coalition of Catholic States by The Holy Catholic Czardom of Wagafraga.
- 12 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Influential.
- 13 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 22 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Cultured.