The Holy Republic of Gebidia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Marcus Oritas with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 8.761 billion Gebidians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, although Welfare, Spirituality, and Environment are also considered important, while Law & Order and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arvoria. The average income tax rate is 6.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gebidian economy, worth a remarkable 1,217 trillion Denalms a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 139,004 Denalms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare, more and more students are taking up a career in medicine, and the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees. Crime is totally unknown. Gebidia's national animal is the Badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 4 days ago: Gebidia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Primitive.
- 5 days ago: Gebidia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 5 days ago: Gebidia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 7 days ago: Gebidia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Developed.
- 12 days ago: Gebidia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 13 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 14 days ago: Gebidia's influence in Coalition of Catholic States rose from "Minnow" to "Superpower".
- 14 days ago: Gebidia endorsed The Holy Catholic Czardom of Wagafraga.
- 14 days ago: Gebidia relocated from Petria to Coalition of Catholic States.
- 15 days ago: Gebidia's influence in Petria rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
Endorsements Received: None.