The Holy Republic of Gebidia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Marcus Oritas with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, zero percent divorce rate, and prohibition of alcohol. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 10.191 billion Gebidians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small government is dominated by the Department of Education, with Welfare, Spirituality, and Environment also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arvoria. The average income tax rate is 11.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gebidian economy, worth a remarkable 1,442 trillion Denalms a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 141,550 Denalms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Max Barry is this year's Miss Gebidia, veterans are directed into environmental cleanup operations, political gridlock ensues as even the most innocuous legislation is vetoed by the Supreme Court for potential civil rights violations, and X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown. Gebidia's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gebidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- : Gebidia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- : Gebidia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- : Gebidia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : Gebidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Gebidia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Gebidia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Gebidia, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low.
- : Gebidia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Greater German Reich"".
- : Gebidia was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".