The Holy Republic of Gebidia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Marcus Oritas with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, zero percent divorce rate, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.229 billion Gebidians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, with Welfare, Spirituality, and Environment also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arvoria. The average income tax rate is 6.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gebidian economy, worth a remarkable 1,284 trillion Denalms a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 139,139 Denalms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, Gebidia has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, and the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Arvoria for fear of causing a fuss. Crime is totally unknown. Gebidia's national animal is the Badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 5 days ago: Gebidia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Devout.
- 8 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: Gebidia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 12 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Gebidia, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Arvoria for fear of causing a fuss.
- 18 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 19 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 21 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 26 days ago: Gebidia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).