The Holy Republic of Gebidia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Marcus Oritas with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.901 billion Gebidians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, socially-minded, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, although Welfare, Spirituality, and Environment are also considered important, while Law & Order and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arvoria. The average income tax rate is 9.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gebidian economy, worth a remarkable 1,401 trillion Denalms a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 141,549 Denalms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, euthanasia is illegal, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, and people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight. Crime is totally unknown. Gebidia's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gebidia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive.
- : Following new legislation in Gebidia, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Gebidia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Proscription on Living Shields".
- : Gebidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 1%).
- : Gebidia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Gebidia, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Gebidia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wallenburg".
- : Gebidia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Read the Resolution Act"".
- : Gebidia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- : Gebidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 1%).