The South Pacific Consortium of Gauthier is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Newberry with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, soft-spoken computers, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 26.924 billion Gauthieris love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Petra. The average income tax rate is 23.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gauthieri economy, worth a remarkable 4,291 trillion Credits a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 159,405 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist, anti-government web sites are springing up, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank, and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime is totally unknown. Gauthier's national animal is the Vigilance Goshawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gauthier, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event.
- : Following new legislation in Gauthier, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank.
- : Gauthier was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Gauthier was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Gauthier resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Gauthier was endorsed by The Republic of Kringalia.
- : Gauthier was endorsed by The Technocracy of Farengeto.
- : Gauthier withdrew its endorsement from The Queendom of Imkitopia.
- : Gauthier was endorsed by The Queendom of Eirran.
- : Following new legislation in Gauthier, anti-government web sites are springing up.