The South Pacific Consortium of Gauthier is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Newberry with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 25.955 billion Gauthieris enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Petra. The average income tax rate is 3.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gauthieri economy, worth a remarkable 3,868 trillion Credits a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 149,056 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The only places to see Vigilance Goshawks now are at local zoos, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, abortions are routinely performed in Gauthier's hospitals, and the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence. Crime is totally unknown. Gauthier's national animal is the Vigilance Goshawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Gauthier is ranked 16th in the South Pacific and 1,065th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 983 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gauthier was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Gauthier, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence.
- : Gauthier endorsed The Federation of Lotharonia.
- : Gauthier endorsed The Federation of TCE.
- : Gauthier endorsed The Nomadic Peoples of Kaara Moki.
- : Following new legislation in Gauthier, abortions are routinely performed in Gauthier's hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in Gauthier, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
- : Following new legislation in Gauthier, the only places to see Vigilance Goshawks now are at local zoos.
- : Following new legislation in Gauthier, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Gauthier was endorsed by The Federation of Lotharonia.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Kiasu-ism, Soem, Curlyhoward, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Kholdan, The Union of Free Individuals, The Bloodguard, Bear Connors Paradiso, Tsunamy, Karatengisa, Kringalia, Kien Truong, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Auxha, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Cape Adare, Edgardian Empire, Sandaoguo, United Allied Earth Federation, PenguinPies, Caasd, Lioniel, Escade, Novo England, SJS Republic, Magnanimity, Northern Copek, Carpat, Community Property, Bonaugure, Seliyan progressive Islands, The Peoples Emirate, Hileville, Southern Bellz, Diamonds Bay, Mattaku Wakaranai, Miris, Crusader Imperium, Kquostaie, Nacho States, Yardos, Magna Sydney, Valklann, and 13 others.Merriton, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Peoples Republic of Whatever, Feirmont, Noslendom, Great Scapula, Lolochie, Toucanbay, Domzona, Averre, Kaara Moki, TCE, and Lotharonia.