“You're Not Just a Citizen, You're a Partner!”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The South Pacific Consortium of Gauthier is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Johnson with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service. The compassionate population of 24.685 billion Gauthierians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Environment, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Petra. The average income tax rate is 96.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Gauthierian economy, worth a remarkable 4,613 trillion Credits a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 186,877 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, military spending is on the increase, and students abandon classrooms for online education. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gauthier's national animal is the Vigilance Goshawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, students abandon classrooms for online education.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Gauthier was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, military spending is on the increase.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Gauthier to be bombproof.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy".
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Kiasu-ism, Soem, Curlyhoward, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Kholdan, The Union of Free Individuals, Vulkanus, The Bloodguard, Dovanet, Bear Connors Paradiso, Tsunamy, Karatengisa, Kringalia, Kien Truong, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Auxha, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Cape Adare, Edgardian Empire, Sandaoguo, TSP-Aramanchovia, United Allied Earth Federation, Gemack, PenguinPies, Community Property, Haldilwe, United States of Funk, The Imperial Confederacy, Myganon, Caasd, Creepypastian, Capricanta, Lioniel, Smogaria, Krillion213, Escade, Roostevelt, Kalukmangala, Novo England, United Isle of Chance, The United Pirate Lords, and SJS Republic.