“You're Not Just a Citizen, You're a Partner!”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The South Pacific Consortium of Gauthier is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Johnson with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate population of 23.784 billion Gauthierians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Petra. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
There's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions, citizens wishing to leave the country must surrender half their wealth to the government, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gauthier's national animal is the Vigilance Goshawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 67 minutes ago
- 47 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, citizens wishing to leave the country must surrender half their wealth to the government.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Gauthier was endorsed by The Grand Imperial State of The Imperial Confederacy.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- 5 days ago: Gauthier was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Greater Caledon.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru.
- 7 days ago: Gauthier was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, medical lawsuits are out of control.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Kiasu-ism, Soem, Curlyhoward, Zakanda, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Kholdan, The Union of Free Individuals, Lord Booze, South Pacific Belschaft, Vulkanus, The Bloodguard, Dovanet, Bear Connors Paradiso, Tsunamy, AtlanticTradeUnion, Atamis, Karatengisa, Kringalia, Ryccia, Kien Truong, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, WallaWakkaWalla, Auxha, Sherlockopia, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Pillaganburnistan, American Republic of Independent States, Cape Adare, Edgardian Empire, End666, Sandaoguo, TSP-Aramanchovia, The Sanghelios Legion, United Allied Earth Federation, Gemack, Tsaqilonesia, Clambridge, PenguinPies, Haranj, Community Property, Haldilwe, and 2 others.United States of Funk, and The Imperial Confederacy.