“You're Not Just a Citizen, You're a Partner!”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The South Pacific Consortium of Gauthier is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Johnson with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cynical population of 24.447 billion Gauthierians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Petra. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Gauthier's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, priests are being drafted by the church load, gambling is outlawed, and the judicial system legislates morality. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gauthier's national animal is the Vigilance Goshawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, the judicial system legislates morality.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Gauthier was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, gambling is outlawed.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, priests are being drafted by the church load.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, Gauthier's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Gauthier, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Kiasu-ism, Soem, Curlyhoward, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Kholdan, The Union of Free Individuals, Lord Booze, Vulkanus, The Bloodguard, Dovanet, Bear Connors Paradiso, Tsunamy, Karatengisa, Kringalia, Kien Truong, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Auxha, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Cape Adare, Edgardian Empire, Sandaoguo, TSP-Aramanchovia, The Sanghelios Legion, United Allied Earth Federation, Gemack, Tsaqilonesia, PenguinPies, Community Property, Haldilwe, United States of Funk, The Imperial Confederacy, Myganon, Caasd, Creepypastian, Capricanta, Lioniel, Smogaria, Krillion213, Escade, Roostevelt, and Kalukmangala.