“Pay or walk”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Government of Gasoline is a massive, economically powerful nation, renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.4 billion Gasolineans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The minute, corrupt, moralistic government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defence, Religion & Spirituality, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Smogville. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10%. A substantial private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Fast food restaurants everywhere are under the control of a gigantic government corporation, knitting needles have been banned in the name of public safety, the workforce is almost entirely made up of slave labour, and there is a disproportionate number of poor people in prison. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Gasoline's national animal is the Dinosaur, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Theft, and its currency is the Nation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 5 days ago: Gasoline relocated from Balder to Alcohol.
- 5 days ago: Gasoline altered its national flag.
- 5 days ago: Gasoline was refounded in Balder.
- 180 days ago: Gasoline ceased to exist.
- 181 days ago: Gasoline's influence in The Pentagon rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 188 days ago: Gasoline's influence in The Pentagon fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 196 days ago: Gasoline was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 202 days ago: Gasoline's influence in The Pentagon rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 203 days ago: Gasoline's influence in The Pentagon rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 204 days ago: Gasoline's influence in The Pentagon rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".