“Pay or walk”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: San Francisco
The Government of Gasoline is a massive, devout nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.969 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defence, Religion & Spirituality, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Smogville. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11%. A substantial private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
The nanny industry has had a boom after maternity leave was recently banned, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, students everywhere have been despairing after the recent ban on video games, and "The Daily Sacrifice" is a routine segment of morning news shows. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Gasoline's national animal is the Dinosaur, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Theft, and its currency is the Nation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 5 days ago: Gasoline was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- 5 days ago: Gasoline was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 8 days ago: Gasoline's influence in San Francisco fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- 11 days ago: Gasoline was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 12 days ago: Gasoline fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 13 days ago: Gasoline's influence in San Francisco rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 16 days ago: Gasoline fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 18 days ago: Gasoline was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Gasoline, "The Daily Sacrifice" is a routine segment of morning news shows.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Gasoline, students everywhere have been despairing after the recent ban on video games.