“Pay or walk”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Government of Gasoline is a massive, devout nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and remarkable for its suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.569 billion Gasolineans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Smogville. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 19.2%.
The powerhouse Gasolinean economy, worth 222 trillion Nations a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 62,332 Nations, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 213,849 per year while the poor average 13,334, a ratio of 16.0 to 1.
The workforce is almost entirely made up of slave labour, there is a disproportionate number of poor people in prison, euthanasia is illegal, and Leader has been known to threaten dissenting citizens with a machine gun at press conferences. Crime is moderate, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. Gasoline's national animal is the Dinosaur, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Theft.
Gasoline is ranked 3rd in Alcohol and 105,164th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with -168.75 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 7 days ago: Gasoline's influence in Alcohol rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 11 days ago: Gasoline's influence in Alcohol rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Gasoline, Leader has been known to threaten dissenting citizens with a machine gun at press conferences.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Gasoline, euthanasia is illegal.
- 34 days ago: Gasoline relocated from Balder to Alcohol.
- 34 days ago: Gasoline altered its national flag.
- 34 days ago: Gasoline was refounded in Balder.
- 210 days ago: Gasoline ceased to exist.
- 210 days ago: Gasoline's influence in The Pentagon rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 217 days ago: Gasoline's influence in The Pentagon fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".