The Government of Gasoline is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Exxon Baytown Refinery Rubber Unit with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, suspicion of poets, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 4.199 billion Hydroblasters are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic government prioritizes Defense, with Spirituality, Law & Order, and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pasadena Texas. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 24.2%.
The powerhouse Gasolinean economy, worth 273 trillion Line Moles a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Automobile Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 65,244 Line Moles, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 255,254 per year while the poor average 11,360, a ratio of 22.5 to 1.
Teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, returning tourists and businessmen are detained without trial if they belong to the "wrong" religion, the military has grudgingly released all top secret information in an effort for greater transparency, and game show contestants scramble to fish trash out of the South Operator Sea. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. Gasoline's national animal is the Operator, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Peakload.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gasoline's influence in Alcohol rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Gasoline's influence in Alcohol rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Gasoline's influence in Alcohol rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Gasoline's influence in Alcohol rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Gasoline relocated from The Communist Bloc to Alcohol.
- : Following new legislation in Gasoline, game show contestants scramble to fish trash out of the South Operator Sea.
- : Following new legislation in Gasoline, the military has grudgingly released all top secret information in an effort for greater transparency.
- : Gasoline lodged a message on the The Communist Bloc Regional Message Board.
- : Gasoline's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Gasoline was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive (last census: Top 10%).