The Government of Gasoline is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Exxon Baytown Refinery Rubber Unit with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, flagrant waste-dumping, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 5.051 billion Hydroblasters are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic government prioritizes Defense, although Spirituality, Law & Order, and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pasadena Texas. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 22.2%.
The powerhouse Gasolinean economy, worth 347 trillion Line Moles a year, is led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 68,712 Line Moles, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 268,235 per year while the poor average 12,007, a ratio of 22.3 to 1.
The military has grudgingly released all top secret information in an effort for greater transparency, game show contestants scramble to fish trash out of the South Operator Sea, Pasadena Texas's iconic yellow taxis are nowhere to be seen, and new vat-grown soldiers are as replaceable as bullets. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. Gasoline's national animal is the Operator, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Peakload.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gasoline's influence in Capitalism rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Gasoline was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Gasoline's influence in Capitalism rose from "Contender" to "Dealmaker".
- : Gasoline's influence in Capitalism fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Gasoline ejected and banned The Commonwealth of Wazir Akbar Khan from Capitalism.
- : Gasoline ejected The Republic of Kambang from Capitalism.
- : Gasoline ejected and banned The Federal Republic of Northern Kyushu from Capitalism.
- : Gasoline ejected and banned The People's Republic of Dai Viet Minh from Capitalism.
- : Gasoline's influence in Capitalism rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Gasoline's influence in Capitalism rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".