“Liberty through unity”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Republic of Garyana is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Marshal Gary Burns with an iron fist, and notable for its parental licensing program. The compassionate, cynical population of 6.786 billion Garyanese are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Joseph. The average income tax rate is 90%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament, the government is suspected of mass disappearing dissidents both at home and abroad, all streets are privately owned toll roads, and research into 'designer babies' is banned. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Garyana's national animal is the red fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Garyana Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Garyana fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 7 days ago: Garyana was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: Garyana was reclassified from "Authoritarian Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Garyana, research into 'designer babies' is banned.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Garyana, all streets are privately owned toll roads.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Garyana, the government is suspected of mass disappearing dissidents both at home and abroad.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Garyana, minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Garyana, hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Garyana's many privately-owned prisons.
- 7 days ago: Garyana endorsed The Colony of Bananalopolis.
- 7 days ago: Garyana endorsed The Autocracy of Beckveria.
Endorsements Received: 26 » The Romanum Legio, Todd McCloud, Kangarawa, Hegemon, East Malaysia, Freedom Fascists, Adolanta, Eruopia, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Ragnaria, British Grand Pacific, Ramaeus, Mundiferrum, Kingberg, United industrial, Great Jenstonia, GARRETTLANDIA, Roissyland, Amselheim, The Terran Facist State, Ziwaiworld, United American Domain, Lyontisia, Beckveria, and Bananalopolis.