“Liberty through unity”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Republic of Garyana is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Marshal Gary Burns with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate, cynical population of 6.187 billion are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Joseph. The average income tax rate is 87%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs, corporations are forbidden from employing outside the nation, and guns are banned. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Garyana's national animal is the red fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Garyana Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 4 days ago: Garyana was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Garyana was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Roissyland.
- 12 days ago: Garyana was endorsed by The Last of Hobbesistan.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Garyana, guns are banned.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Garyana, corporations are forbidden from employing outside the nation.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Garyana, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Garyana, the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Garyana, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools.
- 19 days ago: Garyana endorsed The Kingdom of GARRETTLANDIA.
- 19 days ago: Garyana voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Slavia"".
Endorsements Received: 21 » The Romanum Legio, Todd McCloud, Kangarawa, Hegemon, East Malaysia, Freedom Fascists, Adolanta, Eruopia, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Ragnaria, British Grand Pacific, Bachtendekuppen, Ramaeus, Mundiferrum, Kingberg, United industrial, Great Jenstonia, GARRETTLANDIA, Hobbesistan, and Roissyland.