“Liberty through unity”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Republic of Garyana is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Marshal Gary Burns with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service. The compassionate, cynical population of 6.977 billion Garyanese are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Joseph. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Only a minority of the population can actually vote at elections, the number of children one can have is restricted by law, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and military spending is on the increase. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Garyana's national animal is the red fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Garyana Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days ago
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Garyana was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Garyana, military spending is on the increase.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Garyana, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Garyana, the number of children one can have is restricted by law.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Garyana, only a minority of the population can actually vote at elections.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Garyana, the government is seen to favor Catholics.
- 3 days ago: Garyana endorsed The Commonwealth of Roissyland.
- 6 days ago: Garyana was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Roissyland.
- 9 days ago: Garyana was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: Garyana fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
Endorsements Received: 28 » The Romanum Legio, Todd McCloud, Kangarawa, Hegemon, East Malaysia, Freedom Fascists, Adolanta, Eruopia, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Ragnaria, British Grand Pacific, Ramaeus, Mundiferrum, Kingberg, United industrial, Great Jenstonia, Amselheim, The Terran Facist State, Ziwaiworld, United American Domain, Lyontisia, Beckveria, Bananalopolis, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Dracconis, Providence Spring, and Roissyland.