“God zij med ons”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: East Europe
The Holy Empire of Galitzia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its strong anti-business policies. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 3.728 billion Galitzians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 56.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Galitzian economy, worth 140 trillion rigsskillings a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Uranium Mining, Furniture Restoration, Retail, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 37,630 rigsskillings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Galitzia's national animal is the elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 12 days ago: Galitzia's influence in East Europe fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 14 days ago: Galitzia's influence in East Europe fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 15 days ago: Galitzia's influence in East Europe fell from "Hermit" to "Power".
- 15 days ago: Galitzia's influence in East Europe rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- 15 days ago: Galitzia relocated from Osiris to East Europe.
- 15 days ago: Galitzia was refounded in Osiris.
- 211 days ago: Galitzia ceased to exist.
- 235 days ago: Galitzia's influence in Altdeutschland fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 247 days ago: Galitzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 10%).
- 255 days ago: Galitzia's influence in Altdeutschland fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".