The Democratie reelle of Gaiah is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Krishnamurti with an even hand, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 26.62 billion Gaiahians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Environment, with Education and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Defense and Industry are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paris. The average income tax rate is 87.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Gaiahian economy, worth 351 trillion Euros a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 13,192 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, the government is attempting to revitalize a gutted private sector, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Gaiah's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Gaiah fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 23 hours ago: Gaiah approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Commend A mean old man"".
- 23 hours ago: Gaiah approved the World Assembly proposal "On Palm Oil".
- 23 hours ago: Gaiah approved the World Assembly proposal "Comprehensive Sex Education".
- 23 hours ago: Gaiah lodged a message on the France Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gaiah, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Gaiah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Krulltopia"".
- 8 days ago: Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Stujenske".
- 12 days ago: Gaiah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reducing Automobile Emissions"".
- 12 days ago: Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Renegade Islands Alliance".