The Democratie reelle of Gaiah is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Krishnamurti with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, strictly enforced bedtime, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 28.351 billion Gaiahians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Environment, although Education and Social Policy are also considered important, while Defense and Industry receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paris. The average income tax rate is 83.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Gaiahian economy, worth 370 trillion Euros a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 13,079 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, and government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Gaiah's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn DEN"".
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Landmine Safety Protocol".
- : Gaiah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- : The Democratie of Gilrabala appointed Gaiah as Communications Officer with authority over Communications in France.
- : Gaiah fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Gaiah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Gaiah was endorsed by The People's Trotskist Republic of Rakipuland.
- : Gaiah's influence in France fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Gaiah's influence in France rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Dominator".
- : Gaiah endorsed The Communist Republic of Suparadzia.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Rakipuland.