The Democratie reelle of Gaiah is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Krishnamurti with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, strictly enforced bedtime, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, cheerful population of 29.891 billion Gaiahians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Environment, although Education and Social Policy are also considered important, while Defense and Industry receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paris. The average income tax rate is 83.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Gaiahian economy, worth 392 trillion Euros a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 13,139 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, and government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Gaiah's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Democratie of Gilrabala dismissed Gaiah as Communications Officer of France.
- : Gaiah lodged a message on the France Regional Message Board.
- : Gaiah was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential, the Top 5% for Highest Drug Use, and the Top 10% for Most Inclusive and Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Benevolent Thomas".
- : Gaiah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Gaiah was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sliw.
- : Gaiah endorsed The Republic of Commune de Paris-Dublin.
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Quarantine Regulation".
- : Gaiah was endorsed by The People's Trotskist Republic of Rakipuland.
- : Gaiah was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".