The Democratie reelle of Gaiah is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Krishnamurti with an even hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, rampant corporate plagiarism, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 26.836 billion Gaiahians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Environment, with Education and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Defense and Industry aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paris. The average income tax rate is 86.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Gaiahian economy, worth 353 trillion Euros a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 13,168 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, the government is attempting to revitalize a gutted private sector, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Gaiah's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 14 hours ago
- 23 hours ago: Gaiah was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Gaiah was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gaiah, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Gaiah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Sexual Privacy Act"".
- 9 days ago: Gaiah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- 10 days ago: Gaiah was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed.
- 11 days ago: Gaiah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: Gaiah fell out of the world Top 5% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 16 days ago: Gaiah fell out of the regional Top 5% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 22 days ago: Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Arms Trading".