The Democratie reelle of Gaiah is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Krishnamurti with an even hand, and notable for its lack of airports, rampant corporate plagiarism, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, cheerful population of 28.986 billion Gaiahians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Environment, with Education and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Defense and Industry are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paris. The average income tax rate is 83.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Gaiahian economy, worth 380 trillion Euros a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 13,135 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, and government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Gaiah's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Animal Abuse".
- : Gaiah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Gaiah was endorsed by The Republique of Rantchess.
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vancouvia".
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Law Enforcement Education"".
- : Gaiah seized the position of France WA Delegate from The People's Trotskist Republic of Rakipuland.
- : Gaiah was endorsed by The Democratic Federation of Therinus.
- : Gaiah endorsed The Democratic Republic of Zimmermanie.
- : Gaiah endorsed The Democratic Federation of Therinus.
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Stopping Suicide Seeds"".