“Nous ne faisons tous qu'Un”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Democratie reelle of Gaiah is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Krishnamurti with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 22.605 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals is mainly concerned with the Environment, although Education and Social Equality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paris. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, and religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Gaiah's national animal is the Phoenix, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 17 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Gaiah endorsed The Republic of Carpathus.
- 4 days ago: Gaiah withdrew its endorsement from The Republic of Carpathus.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Gaiah, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else.
- 6 days ago: Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Region of reunited muslim states"".
- 9 days ago: Gaiah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn True North"".
- 11 days ago: Gaiah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Competition Law"".
- 12 days ago: Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Land of the Liberals"".
- 18 days ago: Gaiah approved the World Assembly proposal "International Rocket Accord".
- 20 days ago: Gaiah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Physical Sites Protection Act"".