“Nous ne faisons tous qu'Un”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Democratie reelle of Gaiah is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Krishnamurti with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, intelligent population of 25.001 billion Gaiahians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals is mainly concerned with the Environment, although Education and Social Equality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paris. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, the government is attempting to revitalize a gutted private sector, and citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Gaiah's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 10 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Gaiah was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Gaiah approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemning Cybercrime".
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Gaiah approved the World Assembly proposal "Convention on Fracking".
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 4 days ago: Gaiah was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 7 days ago: Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 7 days ago: Gaiah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders"".
- 9 days ago: Gaiah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: Gaiah lodged a message on the France Regional Message Board.