“Nous ne faisons tous qu'Un”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Democratie reelle of Gaiah is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Krishnamurti with an even hand, and remarkable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, intelligent population of 25.043 billion Gaiahians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals concentrates mainly on the Environment, although Education and Social Equality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paris. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, the government is attempting to revitalize a gutted private sector, and citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Gaiah's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 23 hours ago
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Gaiah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Gaiah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 7 days ago: Gaiah was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 8 days ago: Gaiah approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemning Cybercrime".
- 8 days ago: Gaiah approved the World Assembly proposal "Convention on Fracking".
- 10 days ago: Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 10 days ago: Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 11 days ago: Gaiah was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 14 days ago: Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 14 days ago: Gaiah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders"".