The Democratie reelle of Gaiah is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Krishnamurti with an even hand, and notable for its national health service, ban on automobiles, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cheerful population of 29.552 billion Gaiahians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Environment, although Education and Social Policy are also considered important, while Defense and Industry receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paris. The average income tax rate is 83.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Gaiahian economy, worth 388 trillion Euros a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 13,139 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, and government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Gaiah's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gaiah lodged a message on the France Regional Message Board.
- : Gaiah approved the World Assembly proposal "Liberate World Awesome".
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Gregoryisgodistan".
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Mercantile Prizes of War".
- : Gaiah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Gaiah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Gaiah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Utopia"".
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Partially Born".
- : Gaiah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Gaiah was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.