The Grand National Republic of Gafudland is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by King Gordon Adolf Germain with an iron fist, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, keen interest in outer space, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working, cynical population of 3.583 billion Gafudlanders are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aldherst. The average income tax rate is 35.8%.
The thriving Gafudlandish economy, worth 227 trillion Zadollrus a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 63,545 Zadollrus, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
Divorce is illegal, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, and citizens must pay to enjoy Gafudland's pristine beaches. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gafudland's national animal is the Steel Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Germanism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days ago
- 14 days ago: Gafudland changed its national currency to "Zadollru".
- 14 days ago: Gafudland changed its national demonym to "Gafudlander" and its demonym adjective to "Gafudlandish".
- 14 days ago: Gafudland changed its national nation type to "Grand National Republic".
- 16 days ago: Gafudland's influence in The United World fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 17 days ago: Gafudland resigned from the World Assembly.
- 17 days ago: Gafudland's influence in The United World fell from "Hermit" to "Superpower".
- 18 days ago: Gafudland's influence in The United World rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- 18 days ago: Gafudland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Forever Fields".
- 18 days ago: Gafudland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cooperation in Science Act"".
- 18 days ago: Gafudland allowed WA Delegate access to Regional Control in The United World.