“Great Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: North Africa
The Jamahiriya of Gaddaffi Libya is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.854 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tripoli. The average income tax rate is 53%. A healthy private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Woodchip Exports.
All telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons', political activists are routinely executed, movies and computer games are strictly censored for violence, and military spending is on the increase. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gaddaffi Libya's national animal is the Desert Camel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Libyan Dinar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: Gaddaffi Libya altered its national flag.
- 14 hours ago: Gaddaffi Libya relocated from Osiris to North Africa.
- 14 hours ago: Gaddaffi Libya was refounded in Osiris.
- 20 days ago: Gaddaffi Libya ceased to exist.
- 40 days ago: Gaddaffi Libya was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).
- 45 days ago: Gaddaffi Libya fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 48 days ago: Following new legislation in Gaddaffi Libya, military spending is on the increase.
- 48 days ago: Gaddaffi Libya relocated from Balder to North Africa.
- 48 days ago: Gaddaffi Libya altered its national flag.
- 48 days ago: Gaddaffi Libya was refounded in Balder.