The Peaceful Land-Area of GabeWorld is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Gabe with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 12.107 billion GabeWorld Citizens are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of GabeWorld Capital. The average income tax rate is 48.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant GabeWorldian economy, worth 85.5 trillion gabedollars a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 7,064 gabedollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, calling out of the blue has become taboo, hunters have been known to lose limbs while attempting to 'play tag' with their prey, and X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GabeWorld's national animal is the green iguana, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : GabeWorld was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low.
- : GabeWorld was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, hunters have been known to lose limbs while attempting to 'play tag' with their prey.
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, calling out of the blue has become taboo.
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in GabeWorld Capital for fear of causing a fuss.
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Acario, Lucanda, Freedombourg, United Kodiaks, Canterburie, Tonakistan, Perpendiculous, Red Snapperstein, Tyzoid, Derivative, FASTERCAT, Nazerin, SucWAti, Britlandiana, The United Oman, Octal, Kaputer, Armanduania, Tuti, Edgemaster, Rangerton, Shakunik, Aelhaeran, Cymric Corporate Authority, Scientia Major, Selimiye, Aurora Islands, Scorpions Army, Coltpower, Vlahia, Senexia, Gradenk, San Duo, Game Grid, McClellandistan, Zastin, Dr Ron Paul, Imren, Poopsancagizal, Roulade, Askington, Uchila Eru, Bharathvarsh, Metacrisis, UNDelegate, Commonwealth Republic, Luthatania, Libertolandia, VETO CORP, Zenzibar, and 8 others.Stockholm Of Sweden, Bungle, Nicovindver, Fuisce, Patagonica, Emelinia, Itorcya, and Spencopia.