The Peaceful Land-Area of GabeWorld is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Gabe with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service, ban on automobiles, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 14.233 billion GabeWorld Citizens are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of GabeWorld Capital. The average income tax rate is 54.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant GabeWorldian economy, worth 106 trillion gabedollars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 7,498 gabedollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime, royalist is the most offensive slur in the GabeWorldian language, future leaders of GabeWorld regularly dismiss pressing political issues when available options don't conform to their worldview, and consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GabeWorld's national animal is the green iguana, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : GabeWorld was endorsed by The Free Land of Batmans cave.
- : GabeWorld was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements and the Top 5% for Most Scientifically Advanced and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : GabeWorld was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Naproxin.
- : GabeWorld was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Stationary, Smartest Citizens, and Safest and the Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, future leaders of GabeWorld regularly dismiss pressing political issues when available options don't conform to their worldview.
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, royalist is the most offensive slur in the GabeWorldian language.
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime.
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, poaching has been on the rise after animals from the nation's zoos were released into the wild.
- : GabeWorld voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate California".
Endorsements Received: 45 » Acario, Canterburie, Tonakistan, Derivative, FASTERCAT, Nazerin, SucWAti, The United Oman, Octal, Kaputer, Tuti, Edgemaster, Rangerton, Aelhaeran, Aurora Islands, Scorpions Army, Coltpower, Senexia, Gradenk, Game Grid, Imren, Uchila Eru, Metacrisis, UNDelegate, Zenzibar, Stockholm Of Sweden, Itorcya, Gaviani, Nonamerica, Andrilicon, Kotkolandiya, Czeckolutania, Akheti, Poopsancagizal, Ohioan Territory, Scientia Major, Tyzoid, Confederacy of Many Nations, Chsemo, Edison Culver, United Kodiaks, SLC, Libertariu, Naproxin, and Batmans cave.