The Peaceful Land-Area of GabeWorld is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Gabe with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 13.909 billion GabeWorld Citizens love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of GabeWorld Capital. The average income tax rate is 52.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant GabeWorldian economy, worth 103 trillion gabedollars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 7,448 gabedollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Airport security is provided by private companies, corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients, prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail, and abortions are routinely performed in GabeWorld's hospitals. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GabeWorld's national animal is the green iguana, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, abortions are routinely performed in GabeWorld's hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail.
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients.
- : Following new legislation in GabeWorld, airport security is provided by private companies.
- : GabeWorld was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : GabeWorld was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Edison Culver.
- : GabeWorld was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Chsemo.
- : GabeWorld was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Confederacy of Many Nations.
- : GabeWorld was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : GabeWorld endorsed The Democratic Republic of The Great Patsumaa.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Acario, Canterburie, Tonakistan, Derivative, FASTERCAT, Nazerin, SucWAti, The United Oman, Octal, Kaputer, Tuti, Edgemaster, Rangerton, Aelhaeran, Aurora Islands, Scorpions Army, Coltpower, Senexia, Gradenk, Game Grid, Imren, Uchila Eru, Metacrisis, UNDelegate, Zenzibar, Stockholm Of Sweden, Itorcya, Gaviani, Nonamerica, Andrilicon, Kotkolandiya, Czeckolutania, Akheti, Poopsancagizal, Sumadartson, FortuneFreedom, Ohioan Territory, Scientia Major, Tyzoid, Kenyedia, Chirmata, Confederacy of Many Nations, Chsemo, and Edison Culver.