The Monastic Theocracy of Fyrdowsi is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Clerical Council X with an even hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program, compulsory military service, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 13.923 billion Fyrdowsians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adl Justia. The average income tax rate is 92.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Fyrdowsian economy, worth 795 trillion deenars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 57,158 deenars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prison visits increase substantially during election years, gambling is outlawed, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, and there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fyrdowsi's national animal is the camel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Submissio Pacem.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fyrdowsi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Animal Abuse".
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, gambling is outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor.
- : Fyrdowsi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, Clerical Council X's mistress is the belle at many state balls.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Todd McCloud, Freedom Fascists, Packilvania, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Southern Yugoslavia, Adolanta, A Slanted Black Stripe, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Molzavar, Dracconis, Ramaeus, Picos, Celebia, Bachtendekuppen, Brotherland, Andeat, Silaurius, LatePanem, Marceloyudi, Blobbo, EMS Conglomerate, Kingdom of Favus, The United Territories of Providence, Eurasian Socialist Federation, United States of Vitorios, Luriel, Davinhia, Newpromisedland, Bryce Harper, Roissyland, Dolor Mortis, McStooley, New Leganes, Moderate Utopia, Laeta, Aelitia, and Lerison.