The Monastic Theocracy of Fyrdowsi is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Clerical Council X with an even hand, and notable for its national health service, prohibition of alcohol, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, humorless, devout population of 12.566 billion Fyrdowsians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adl Justia. The average income tax rate is 24.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Fyrdowsian economy, worth 97.2 trillion deenars a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 7,736 deenars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The arms industry is strictly regulated, the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape, F-SPAN features senators wrestling with ever-increasing production elements, and the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fyrdowsi's national animal is the camel, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Submissio Pacem.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fyrdowsi fell out of the world Top 5% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Fyrdowsi fell out of the regional Top 1% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Fyrdowsi was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, F-SPAN features senators wrestling with ever-increasing production elements.
- : Fyrdowsi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 1%).
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
- : Fyrdowsi voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Proscription on Living Shields".
- : Fyrdowsi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Todd McCloud, Freedom Fascists, Packilvania, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Southern Yugoslavia, Eruopia, Adolanta, A Slanted Black Stripe, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, EES, Molzavar, Owali, Dracconis, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Northern Doggerland, Reziel, Ramaeus, Lagaronians, Picos, Celebia, Heyday, Bachtendekuppen, Franconia Empire, Davist, Great Gravitas, Freedom States Republic, Happy Hour, Brotherland, Republic of Equatorial Kundu, Andeat, Magroswana, Silaurius, McStooley, LatePanem, and Marceloyudi.