The Monastic Theocracy of Fyrdowsi is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Clerical Council X with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, hatred of cheese, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 12.321 billion Fyrdowsians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adl Justia. The average income tax rate is 9.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Fyrdowsian economy, worth 91.1 trillion deenars a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 7,392 deenars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, and schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fyrdowsi's national animal is the camel, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Submissio Pacem.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- : Fyrdowsi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Fyrdowsi endorsed The Allied States of Silaurius.
- : Fyrdowsi was endorsed by The Allied States of Silaurius.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, bloodthirsty zealots regularly participate in the Friday Night Stoning of Adulterers.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, anti-environmentalist protesters are gunned down without mercy.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Todd McCloud, Freedom Fascists, Packilvania, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Southern Yugoslavia, Eruopia, Adolanta, A Slanted Black Stripe, Ragnaria, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, EES, Molzavar, Owali, Dracconis, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Northern Doggerland, Reziel, Ramaeus, Lagaronians, Picos, Celebia, Heyday, Bachtendekuppen, Drinnon, Franconia Empire, Davist, Great Gravitas, Freedom States Republic, Happy Hour, Brotherland, Republic of Equatorial Kundu, Andeat, Magroswana, and Silaurius.