“Only in Chains will You be Free”
|Category: Authoritarian Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Monastic Theocracy of Fyrdowsi is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Clerical Council IX with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 10.454 billion Fyrdowsians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Defence and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adl Justia. The average income tax rate is 98%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
It is a crime to offend someone's religious beliefs, the police have been swamped with requests to stay up past bedtime, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', and protests are legal but strictly supervised. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fyrdowsi's national animal is the camel, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Submissio Pacem, and its currency is the deenar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Fyrdowsi was reclassified from "Tyranny by Majority" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- 11 hours ago: Fyrdowsi endorsed The Break of Dawn of Xoriet.
- 11 hours ago: Fyrdowsi endorsed The Commonwealth of Roissyland.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the police have been swamped with requests to stay up past bedtime.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, it is a crime to offend someone's religious beliefs.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, notable individuals are granted land and titles.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, many mayors are barely in office before being kicked out for minor parking violations.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, all guns must be registered.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Todd McCloud, Freedom Fascists, Packilvania, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, Zang0, The Romanum Legio, Vulshain, Lyontisia, Southern Yugoslavia, Eruopia, Adolanta, West Heights, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Ragnaria, The Oan Isles, Mundiferrum, British Grand Pacific, Amselheim, MikGonnia, United industrial, EES, Susanooo, Ramaeus, The Terran Facist State, Rosiel, Molzavar, Ziwaiworld, Owali, Bananalopolis, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Dracconis, Providence Spring, Reziel, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, The Sultanate of Kevinids, Drinnon, Ouralis, Roissyland, and Xoriet.