“Only in Chains will You be Free”
|Category: Authoritarian Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Monastic Theocracy of Fyrdowsi is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Clerical Council X with an even hand, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, anti-smoking policies, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 11.041 billion Fyrdowsians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The minute, corrupt, socially-minded government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Environment, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adl Justia. Income tax is unheard of.
The sizeable but stagnant Fyrdowsian economy, worth 38.4 trillion deenars a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 3,480 deenars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Major cities are suffering under water rationing, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, and the national Police Academies have dedicated infant wings. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fyrdowsi's national animal is the camel, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Submissio Pacem.
Fyrdowsi is ranked 12th in The East Pacific and 840th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 2,077.699 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the national Police Academies have dedicated infant wings.
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions.
- 19 hours ago: Fyrdowsi endorsed The Republic of Comrade Kennedy.
- 19 hours ago: Fyrdowsi endorsed The Really an Irish Goddess of Ramaeus.
- 22 hours ago: Fyrdowsi was endorsed by The Really an Irish Goddess of Ramaeus.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, a government program is underway to revitalize Fyrdowsi's beaches.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the study of medicine is popular throughout Fyrdowsi.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Todd McCloud, Freedom Fascists, Packilvania, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Southern Yugoslavia, Eruopia, Adolanta, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Ragnaria, Mundiferrum, British Grand Pacific, Amselheim, United industrial, EES, Rosiel, Molzavar, Owali, Bananalopolis, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Dracconis, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, The Sultanate of Kevinids, Drinnon, Ouralis, Roissyland, Xoriet, Articono, Northern Doggerland, Reziel, Comrade Kennedy, and Ramaeus.