The Monastic Theocracy of Fyrdowsi is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Clerical Council X with an even hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, strictly enforced bedtime, and triple-decker prams. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 13.807 billion Fyrdowsians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adl Justia. The average income tax rate is 88.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Fyrdowsian economy, worth 138 trillion deenars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 10,064 deenars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, Adl Justia spends billions upgrading public transport, many mayors are barely in office before being kicked out for minor parking violations, and loans are available for students from poor families. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fyrdowsi's national animal is the camel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Submissio Pacem.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, loans are available for students from poor families.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, many mayors are barely in office before being kicked out for minor parking violations.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, Adl Justia spends billions upgrading public transport.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- : Fyrdowsi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, anti-environmentalist protesters are gunned down without mercy.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, many aides in Clerical Council X's office are known to be serial jaywalkers.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Todd McCloud, Freedom Fascists, Packilvania, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Southern Yugoslavia, Eruopia, Adolanta, A Slanted Black Stripe, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Molzavar, Dracconis, Ramaeus, Picos, Celebia, Bachtendekuppen, Brotherland, Andeat, Silaurius, LatePanem, Marceloyudi, Blobbo, EMS Conglomerate, Kingdom of Favus, The United Territories of Providence, Eurasian Socialist Federation, United States of Vitorios, Luriel, Davinhia, Newpromisedland, Bryce Harper, Roissyland, Dolor Mortis, McStooley, JJJrtheiiiish, New Leganes, Moderate Utopia, Laeta, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Aelitia, and Super Weenie Hut General.