The Monastic Theocracy of Fyrdowsi is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Clerical Council X with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, humorless, devout population of 11.519 billion Fyrdowsians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The tiny, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adl Justia. Income tax is unheard of.
The sizeable but stagnant Fyrdowsian economy, worth 62.3 trillion deenars a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 5,407 deenars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has an international reputation for compassion, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, all weapon research has been banned, and soldiers are equipped with multi-million deenar battlesuits. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fyrdowsi's national animal is the camel, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Submissio Pacem.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 18 hours ago
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, soldiers are equipped with multi-million deenar battlesuits.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, all weapon research has been banned.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Fyrdowsi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, private law firms are unheard of.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru.
- 5 days ago: Fyrdowsi was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, biology and religious education classes have recently been merged.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, towns that stop turning a profit are turned into animal sanctuaries.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Todd McCloud, Freedom Fascists, Packilvania, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Southern Yugoslavia, Eruopia, Adolanta, A Slanted Black Stripe, Ragnaria, Mundiferrum, British Grand Pacific, Amselheim, United industrial, EES, Molzavar, Owali, Dracconis, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Drinnon, Roissyland, Articono, Northern Doggerland, Reziel, Ramaeus, Meowinopolis, Place of cool punks, Lagaronians, Banturon, Picos, and Celebia.