The Monastic Theocracy of Fyrdowsi is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Clerical Council X with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 14.816 billion Fyrdowsians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adl Justia. The average income tax rate is 96.6%.
The large but stagnant Fyrdowsian economy, worth 684 trillion deenars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 46,180 deenars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Every week is blindness awareness week, the national Police Academies have dedicated infant wings, animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs, and every workday begins with group therapy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fyrdowsi's national animal is the camel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Submissio Pacem.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, every workday begins with group therapy.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the national Police Academies have dedicated infant wings.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Fyrdowsi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The NSIA".
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, snap elections are called over every minor impasse.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, people regularly disappear off the streets and all evidence of them is destroyed.
- : Fyrdowsi was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential, the Top 5% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments, and the Top 10% for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and Highest Economic Output.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Todd McCloud, Freedom Fascists, Packilvania, Kangarawa, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Southern Yugoslavia, Adolanta, A Slanted Black Stripe, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Molzavar, Dracconis, Ramaeus, Picos, Celebia, Bachtendekuppen, Brotherland, Blobbo, EMS Conglomerate, Kingdom of Favus, The United Territories of Providence, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Davinhia, Newpromisedland, Roissyland, Dolor Mortis, McStooley, New Leganes, Moderate Utopia, Aelitia, Danubian Holy See, Papua Merdeka, Aramathi Dominion, Survivoristan, Bhattacharyaland, Aenglaland, Druinia, Surfidonia, Freed Animals, Nadhiya, DatBoiMemes, Dudmun, Ethalria, Propwash, Aphoenica, Staynes, Soviet Monarchic Nations, Robjtopia, and Oceanic Peoples.