|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
The Libertarian Republic of Furystania is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 14.27 billion Furystanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Furystania City. The average income tax rate is 38%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
It is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, citizens must pay to enjoy Furystania's pristine beaches, and mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Furystania's national animal is the dingo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the priory gold.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 1 hour ago
- 5 days ago: Furystania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average (last census: Top 1%).
- 5 days ago: Furystania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 days ago: Furystania lodged a message on the San Francisco Bay Area Regional Message Board.
- 20 days ago: Furystania seized the position of San Francisco Bay Area WA Delegate from The Mayor of SFBA Campinia.
- 25 days ago: Furystania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 48 days ago: Furystania was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Average (last census: Top 10%).
- 48 days ago: Furystania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Average (last census: Top 10%).
- 56 days ago: Furystania fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 79 days ago: Furystania was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 98 days ago: Furystania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.