|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
The Libertarian Republic of Furystania is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 14.484 billion Furystanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Furystania City. The average income tax rate is 30%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, visitors to the famed rainforests are instead taken to vast furniture factories, and foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Furystania's national animal is the dingo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the priory gold.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 23 hours ago
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Furystania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 5 days ago: Furystania lodged a message on the San Francisco Bay Area Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Furystania altered its national flag.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Furystania, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Furystania, visitors to the famed rainforests are instead taken to vast furniture factories.
- 7 days ago: Furystania suppressed a post on the San Francisco Bay Area regional message board.
- 7 days ago: Furystania fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 9 days ago: Furystania fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 9 days ago: Furystania approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn General Halcones".
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Furystania, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Southern Free Cities.