“Prrrrrrrr - Send Bacon!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Kingdom of Furry Felines is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its compulsory vegetarianism. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 25.371 billion Furry Felinesians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, the Environment, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 92%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
A primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world, sex offenders find themselves 'cut off' from any ability to repeat their crimes, hunters have been known to lose limbs while attempting to 'play tag' with their prey, and citizens wishing to be parents must undertake a series of gruelling tests to evaluate their capabilities. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Furry Felines's national animal is the Lion King, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Rodent Rupee.
Most Recent Government Activity: 28 days ago
- 8 days ago: Furry Felines was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: Furry Felines was endorsed by The 1980's Orange Crush Defense of Indian Empire.
- 19 days ago: Furry Felines fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 22 days ago: Furry Felines was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 28 days ago: Furry Felines was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 28 days ago: Furry Felines lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 33 days ago: Furry Felines was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- 37 days ago: Furry Felines fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 40 days ago: Furry Felines's influence in Texas fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- 47 days ago: Furry Felines was endorsed by The Allied States of AmandilTwo.