The Kingdom of Furry Felines is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its compulsory vegetarianism, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 26.466 billion Furry Felinesians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Environment, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 74.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Furry Felinesian economy, worth a remarkable 1,895 trillion Rodent Rupees a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 71,621 Rodent Rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
A primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world, sex offenders find themselves 'cut off' from any ability to repeat their crimes, hunters have been known to lose limbs while attempting to 'play tag' with their prey, and citizens wishing to be parents must undertake a series of gruelling tests to evaluate their capabilities. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Furry Felines's national animal is the Lion King, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 26 days ago
- 12 days ago: Furry Felines's influence in Texas fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- 12 days ago: Furry Felines was endorsed by The United Kingdoms of Grays Harbor.
- 13 days ago: Furry Felines was endorsed by The Giantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- 13 days ago: Furry Felines's influence in Texas rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 23 days ago: Furry Felines was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 24 days ago: Furry Felines was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 26 days ago: Furry Felines fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 26 days ago: Furry Felines fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 37 days ago: Furry Felines fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 37 days ago: Furry Felines fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.