|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Rapa Nui
The Sociopath Feline Kingdom of Furious Cat is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Chetty with an iron fist, and notable for its punitive income tax rates, parental licensing program, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 8.256 billion Furious Catians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Feline Distric. The average income tax rate is 83.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Furious Catian economy, worth 652 trillion Kihis a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 78,992 Kihis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is famous for having one of the world's largest papagaio hunting institutions, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, the police have been swamped with requests to stay up past bedtime, and Furious Cat-made cars tend to catch fire in people's driveways. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Furious Cat's national animal is the papagaio and its national religion is The Universal Church of Meowmers.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 23 hours ago: Furious Cat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- 17 days ago: Furious Cat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 172 days ago: Furious Cat fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 245 days ago: Furious Cat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 252 days ago: Furious Cat suppressed a post on the Rapa Nui regional message board.
- 286 days ago: Furious Cat updated the World Factbook entry in Rapa Nui.
- 340 days ago: Furious Cat's influence in Rapa Nui rose from "Powerbroker" to "Hermit".
- 342 days ago: Furious Cat's influence in Rapa Nui rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 1 year 31 days ago: Furious Cat's influence in Rapa Nui rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- 1 year 33 days ago: Furious Cat's influence in Rapa Nui rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".