The Empire of Furbintos is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its state-planned economy, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 10.442 billion Furbintosians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68.3%.
The strong Furbintosian economy, worth 442 trillion Inquisitorial Sovereigns a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Automobile Manufacturing, Cheese Exports, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 42,413 Inquisitorial Sovereigns, with the richest citizens earning 5.6 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Furbintos's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Furbintos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Furbintos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Furbintos voted for The Black Hawk of We Are Not TBH in Round 3 of the election.
- : Furbintos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Furbintos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Furbintos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector, Largest Populations, and Largest Black Market.
- : Furbintos was removed from the regional ban list of Asia by Donald tusk.
- : Furbintos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Furbintos changed its national currency to "Inquisitorial Sovereign" and its motto to "Nobody expects The New Inquisition!".
- : Furbintos updated the World Factbook entry in Concosia.