“We need the funk”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Wiggly World of Funkadelia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by The Funk with a fair hand, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.34 billion Funkadelians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Funky Nassau. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Soda Sales and Uranium Mining.
Space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, the tenet of free speech is held dear, voting is voluntary, and flash floods that dams could have controlled regularly ravage small towns in mountain valleys. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem. Funkadelia's national animal is the Atomic Dog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Phoenix Fen.
Most Recent Government Activity: 86 minutes ago
- 2 hours ago: Funkadelia changed its national nation type to "Wiggly World".
- 2 hours ago: Funkadelia approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Commend Hobbesistan"".
- 2 hours ago: Funkadelia submitted a proposal to the Security Council Repeals Board entitled "Repeal "Commend Hobbesistan"".
- 14 hours ago: Funkadelia lodged a message on the Lazarus Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Funkadelia lodged a message on the Lazarus Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Funkadelia was endorsed by The Republic of Aenea.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Funkadelia lodged a message on the Lazarus Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Funkadelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Funkadelia was endorsed by The Republic of Bayorta.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Funkadelia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
Endorsements Received: 129 » Knights Almeria, Beezertopia, Nerbia, Ivia, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Fortytipper, Loftegen, Tanzu, Aigania, Rhalellan, Loady740, Rangers Brotherhood, The Tricrown, Mouldy Bread, Rosstoria, GHAUNADAUR, Praenestia, Trackeendy, Hyperbolic Orbit, Dotangina, Krudistan Nation, Cartes, Farmboybob, Pferde, Courlany, Arctura Dara, Amalsia, Union of Socialist European Republics, Hydia, Potted Plants United, Dragomerian Islands, Carthago Tertius, Cronintopia, Saundie, Scussel, Stujenske, Radkicks, Marcellinople, Aristeme, Maohu, Ecchi Unlimited, United Hives of Honey Bees, Isfet, Aegis-5, Harkield, Claraxia, Sindria, Grekit, Citiga, The Whispering Isles, and 79 others.Crapzakistan, Zukiel, Starfair, Drakomagic, Dracos - Haven, Hindopia, Kotenoka, Darkium, Island of the Blade, Dhan, V I Lenin, Wakehurst, Northern Arstotzka, Torre-Alba, Enuhartha, Atrebates, Flatulati Incontinentia, Jukenia, Square Phoenix, NeueZiel, Neltofo, Arkins, Muunokhoi, Opanas, Philytopia, Mob city, Meat Sandwich, Angenite, A3161, The Floodcity, Troltovia, The New Red Tabby, Exacui, Arkanik, Aeryis, Cabin John, Vandersberg, Terra Bona, Transinatria, Dogelandia, Silvinaria, Kaeli, Toronina, Carplandia, RACQ, Vouland, Swearistan, Arctus, Raging Sapphiron, Kauderia, New-Peaceland, Ostendt, General Mike, Shardventoria, Tracyar Mav, Conscript3, Graulands, Kogvuron II, Dityakastan, Didgiverige, Knockturn Alley, Drop Your Pants, Miristevo, Exeperia, Estremaura, Bare Arms, Waldeck-Pyrmont, Earth and Freedom, Robaroth, Falafelphilla, Western Soviet States, Clambridge, Manick, The Undead Horse, The Guy Who Plays Piano on Glee, Boxica, Zexen, Bayorta, and Aenea.