The Liquid Sunshine of Funkadelia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by P-Funk with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 6.298 billion Funkadelians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Funky Nassau. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Funkadelic economy, worth 378 trillion Grooves a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 60,161 Grooves, with the richest citizens earning 9.7 times as much as the poorest.
Surveillance cameras are banned, the art of conversation has been rediscovered, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, and military funding has been stripped back. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Funkadelia's national animal is the Atomic Dog, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 19 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: Funkadelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 14 hours ago: Funkadelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Funkadelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 11 days ago: Funkadelia fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Influential.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Funkadelia, military funding has been stripped back.
- 15 days ago: Funkadelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- 23 days ago: Funkadelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 23 days ago: Funkadelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 26 days ago: Funkadelia lodged a message on the Taijitu Regional Message Board.
- 33 days ago: Funkadelia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed.