“We need the funk”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Former Taijitu Delegate of Funkadelia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by James Brown with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.422 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Funky Nassau. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 48%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned, the government seizes all major gold finds, the government is financing an extremely costly war against malaria, and glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Funkadelia's national animal is the Atomic Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Clinton.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 hours ago
- 21 hours ago: Funkadelia endorsed The Cup of Tea of Grand Miltonia.
- 21 hours ago: Funkadelia endorsed The Gran Turismo of Bythyrona.
- 21 hours ago: Funkadelia endorsed The Bavarian Soviet Republic of Cabrinialand.
- 21 hours ago: Funkadelia endorsed The Benevolent Dictatorship of Miltovia.
- 21 hours ago: Funkadelia endorsed The Huge Pants of Steatopygian.
- 21 hours ago: Funkadelia endorsed The Federation of Graofan.
- 21 hours ago: Funkadelia endorsed The Unholy Empire of Of The US.
- 21 hours ago: Funkadelia endorsed The Royal Confederacy of Eluvatar.
- 22 hours ago: Funkadelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Bruce".
- 22 hours ago: Funkadelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
Endorsements Received: None.