The Independent Department of French Guyane is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Ségolène Royal with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 6.741 billion French Guyaneans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cayenne. The average income tax rate is 64.2%.
The thriving French Guyanean economy, worth 689 trillion Francs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Gambling, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 102,347 Francs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
Daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter, nude art is becoming wildly popular, business is adjusting to new gender equality policies in the workplace, and administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. French Guyane's national animal is the Grey-winged trumpeter, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : French Guyane's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : French Guyane was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens, Largest Basket Weaving Sector, and Highest Economic Output.
- : French Guyane was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : French Guyane's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : French Guyane's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : French Guyane's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : French Guyane was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry, Largest Soda Pop Sector, Most Cheerful Citizens, and Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : French Guyane was refounded in Balder.
- : French Guyane ceased to exist.
- : French Guyane's influence in Esquarium fell from "Shoeshiner" to "Sprat".