“Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Independent Department of French Guyane is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Ségolène Royal with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.914 billion French Guyaneans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cayenne. The average income tax rate is 61%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling, Pizza Delivery, and Information Technology industries.
Universities are populated by the spawn of the upper classes, daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter, nude art is becoming wildly popular, and business is adjusting to new gender equality policies in the workplace. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. French Guyane's national animal is the Grey-winged trumpeter, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Secularism, and its currency is the Franc.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 8 hours ago
- 14 days ago: French Guyane fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 19 days ago: French Guyane fell out of the world Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 19 days ago: French Guyane fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 55 days ago: French Guyane was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 62 days ago: French Guyane was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 64 days ago: French Guyane was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 65 days ago: French Guyane was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 65 days ago: Following new legislation in French Guyane, business is adjusting to new gender equality policies in the workplace.
- 66 days ago: Following new legislation in French Guyane, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- 66 days ago: French Guyane lodged a message on the Esquarium Regional Message Board.