“Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Colony of French Guyane is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Ségolène Royal with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.174 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cayenne. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 59%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling, Pizza Delivery, and Information Technology industries.
Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, and the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. French Guyane's national animal is the Grey-winged trumpeter, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Secularism, and its currency is the Franc.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 5 days ago: French Guyane was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: French Guyane was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 23 days ago: French Guyane was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 26 days ago: French Guyane relocated from Osiris to Europeia.
- 26 days ago: French Guyane relocated from Balder to Osiris.
- 26 days ago: French Guyane was refounded in Balder.
- 72 days ago: French Guyane ceased to exist.
- 77 days ago: French Guyane was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 91 days ago: French Guyane was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 98 days ago: French Guyane was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.