“Live Free and Crimeless, or else...”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Libertarian Republic of Freedombourg is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Dubya with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.236 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nieuw-Rotterdam. The average income tax rate is 20%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing industries.
Abortions are routinely performed in Freedombourg's hospitals, city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people, urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines, and the death penalty has been reintroduced. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Freedombourg's national animal is the fat cat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is compatibilism, and its currency is the Loonie.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 17 hours ago
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, the death penalty has been reintroduced.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Freedombourg was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Bulgarland.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, abortions are routinely performed in Freedombourg's hospitals.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, a survey of the nation's rivers and children has shown that pesticide levels are at an all-time regional high.
- 4 days ago: Freedombourg endorsed The Federal Republic of Bellka.
- 5 days ago: Freedombourg was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Bellka.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
Endorsements Received: 63 (Acario, Kaputer, Arizoneia, Plisskenstan, Lucanda, Perpendiculous, Roxie Hart, GabeWorld, Gradenk, Zaku-stan, The Glorious Bimbolia, Canterburie, RichardJG, San Duo, Jailpur, United Kodiaks, Rashaulgia, Takasia, Volkyan, Burtonia WA Embassy, Hellytown, The Holonet, Uchila Eru, Suited Penguins, Praeses, Apakhanistan, DWAsnia, Numenorus, Bammel, United Territories of Chiert, Kirklury, Rickgrad, Greater Bosnia, Libertocria, Axalaxia, Demonslove, Aremark, Tonakistan, Indian Empire, Justin Drew Beiber, Calitopia, Aurora Islands, Divitibus, Skillenia, Infinite eternity, The Phoenix Union of Phoenixes, Panageadom, Lyonns, Afforess, Baleria, Camden, Veno, Pacificka, New Cathedra, The Palms Empire, Libertariton, The United States 13 Commonwealthes, The Atlantian Satellite, Hygiria, Vernania, Trachitoria, Bellka, Bulgarland)