The Libertarian Republic of Freedombourg is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Dubya with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful population of 10.817 billion Freemen enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The tiny government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, although Industry and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nieuw-Rotterdam. The average income tax rate is 1.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient free economy, worth a remarkable 3,025 trillion Loonies a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 279,666 Loonies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Dubya's bedroom, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, the number of students attending university has reached a record high, and wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby. Crime is totally unknown. Freedombourg's national animal is the fat cat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is compatibilism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Freedombourg, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby.
- : Freedombourg changed its national demonym to "Freeman" and its demonym adjective to "free".
- : Freedombourg fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Freedombourg, the number of students attending university has reached a record high.
- : Following new legislation in Freedombourg, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- : Freedombourg endorsed The Free Land of Game Grid.
- : Freedombourg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Freedombourg was endorsed by The Free Land of Game Grid.
- : Following new legislation in Freedombourg, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Dubya's bedroom.
- : Freedombourg was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 43 » Acario, Lucanda, Perpendiculous, GabeWorld, The Glorious Bimbolia, Canterburie, United Kodiaks, Uchila Eru, Tonakistan, Divitibus, Red Snapperstein, Derivative, SucWAti, FASTERCAT, Nazerin, Britlandiana, Kaputer, The United Oman, Tuti, Octal, Shakunik, Edgemaster, Aelhaeran, Rangerton, Scientia Major, Selimiye, Armanduania, Coltpower, Scorpions Army, Senexia, Gradenk, San Duo, Dr Ron Paul, McClellandistan, Imren, Poopsancagizal, Bharathvarsh, UNDelegate, Luthatania, Commonwealth Republic, Emelinia, Itorcya, and Game Grid.