“Live Free and Crimeless, or else...”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Libertarian Republic of Freedombourg is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Dubya with a fair hand, and notable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.92 billion Freedombourgians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nieuw-Rotterdam. The average income tax rate is 66%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Automobile Manufacturing.
Elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, Freedombourg's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Freedombourg's national animal is the fat cat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is compatibilism, and its currency is the Loonie.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 5 hours ago
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, Freedombourg's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Freedombourg endorsed The WA Embassy of DWAsnia.
- 4 days ago: Freedombourg was endorsed by The WA Embassy of DWAsnia.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, neighbouring countries pay to situate their nuclear power plants in Freedombourg.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Acario, Lucanda, Perpendiculous, GabeWorld, Gradenk, The Glorious Bimbolia, Canterburie, United Kodiaks, Volkyan, Burtonia WA Embassy, Uchila Eru, Tonakistan, Divitibus, Panageadom, New Cathedra, Chsemo, Shadomar, Red Snapperstein, Health Game Test, Derivative, UNDelegate, China Of Asia, Eaglais, SucWAti, FASTERCAT, Nazerin, Britlandiana, Oblesh, Noaniah, Kaputer, The United Oman, Tuti, Elganoth, Luthatania, Imren, Octal, Oranginia, Shakunik, Edgemaster, The Capitalist Empire of Doge, WulfHound, Aelhaeran, LLyutt, Moonbatland, Siceo, Rangerton, Versille, Edison Culver, Libertocria, La Lux, and 7 others.Scientia Major, Dollaria, San Duo, Ausdonia, Selimiye, Coldrige, and DWAsnia.