“Live Free and Crimeless, or else...”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Libertarian Republic of Freedombourg is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Dubya with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 9.477 billion Freedombourgians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nieuw-Rotterdam. The average income tax rate is 63%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Automobile Manufacturing.
Organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, the nation refuses to provide international aid, Max Barry is this year's Miss Freedombourg, and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Freedombourg's national animal is the fat cat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is compatibilism, and its currency is the Loonie.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 3 hours ago
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Freedombourg was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, Max Barry is this year's Miss Freedombourg.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, the nation refuses to provide international aid.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, military funding has been stripped back.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, visitors to the famed rainforests are instead taken to vast furniture factories.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- 7 days ago: Freedombourg was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 50 » Acario, Lucanda, Perpendiculous, GabeWorld, The Glorious Bimbolia, Canterburie, United Kodiaks, Volkyan, Burtonia WA Embassy, Uchila Eru, Tonakistan, Divitibus, Panageadom, Chsemo, Red Snapperstein, Derivative, UNDelegate, SucWAti, FASTERCAT, Nazerin, Britlandiana, Noaniah, Kaputer, The United Oman, Tuti, Octal, Shakunik, Edgemaster, The Capitalist Empire of Doge, Aelhaeran, Siceo, Rangerton, Versille, Edison Culver, La Lux, Scientia Major, San Duo, Selimiye, Coldrige, Czeckolutania, The Sea Cadet Corps, Poopsancagizal, Rovertun, Armanduania, Bezelya, Southern Hampshire, Coltpower, Apocolypta, Libertariu, and Regoslavia.