“Live Free and Crimeless, or else...”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Libertarian Republic of Freedombourg is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Dubya with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 9.698 billion Freedombourgians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, although Industry and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nieuw-Rotterdam. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Freedombourgian economy, worth a remarkable 2,679 trillion Loonies a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 276,263 Loonies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Tumbleweeds made of litter adorn city streets, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime is totally unknown. Freedombourg's national animal is the fat cat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is compatibilism.
Freedombourg is ranked 390th in Capitalist Paradise and 111,022nd in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with -1,302.05 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Freedombourg was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Freedombourg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Freedombourg fell out of the regional Top 1% for Most Politically Free.
- 4 days ago: Freedombourg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 9 days ago: Freedombourg was endorsed by The Grand Old Republic of Senexia.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Freedombourg, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- 12 days ago: Freedombourg was endorsed by The Holy Realm of Scorpions Army.
- 12 days ago: Freedombourg endorsed The Holy Realm of Scorpions Army.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Acario, Lucanda, Perpendiculous, GabeWorld, The Glorious Bimbolia, Canterburie, United Kodiaks, Volkyan, Burtonia WA Embassy, Uchila Eru, Tonakistan, Divitibus, Red Snapperstein, Derivative, UNDelegate, SucWAti, FASTERCAT, Nazerin, Britlandiana, Kaputer, The United Oman, Tuti, Octal, Shakunik, Edgemaster, Aelhaeran, Siceo, Rangerton, Edison Culver, La Lux, Scientia Major, Selimiye, The Sea Cadet Corps, Poopsancagizal, Rovertun, Armanduania, Bezelya, Southern Hampshire, Coltpower, Libertariu, Archdiocese of London, Scorpions Army, and Senexia.