The Military Dictatorship of Free Republic China is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Supreme Commander General Sho Shin with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, ubiquitous missile silos, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.802 billion Chinese are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beijing. The average income tax rate is 96.2%.
The all-consuming Chinese economy, worth a remarkable 1,132 trillion Yuan a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling. Average income is an impressive 128,658 Yuan, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Beijing as a backdrop, and minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Free Republic China's national animal is the Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Buddhism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Free Republic China was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Devout, the Top 5% for Highest Poor Incomes, Highest Foreign Aid Spending, and Highest Economic Output, and the Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Free Republic China's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Free Republic China relocated from Balder to 10000 Islands.
- : Following new legislation in Free Republic China, minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament.
- : Following new legislation in Free Republic China, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Beijing as a backdrop.
- : Free Republic China was refounded in Balder.
- : Free Republic China ceased to exist.
- : Free Republic China was endorsed by The Republic of Atlanta Island.
- : Free Republic China was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Free Republic China was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments and the Top 5% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.