“Forged from War, Dedicated to Peace”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: The East Pacific
The Federated Alliance of Free Pacific States is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Christopher Arctoris with a fair hand, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 18.264 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Liberty City. The average income tax rate is 48%, but much higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, and high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Free Pacific States's national animal is the Whale, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Federate Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 17 days ago: Free Pacific States was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 22 days ago: Free Pacific States relocated from Osiris to The East Pacific.
- 22 days ago: Free Pacific States was refounded.
- 97 days ago: Free Pacific States ceased to exist.
- 106 days ago: Free Pacific States was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 107 days ago: Free Pacific States was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Influential.
- 110 days ago: Free Pacific States fell out of the world Top 1% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 111 days ago: Free Pacific States was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 120 days ago: Free Pacific States was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 123 days ago: Free Pacific States was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.