The Federated Alliance of Free Pacific States is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Christopher Arctoris with a fair hand, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, sprawling nuclear power plants, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 19.403 billion Free Pacificans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment is also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Liberty City. The average income tax rate is 24.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Free Pacifican economy, worth a remarkable 1,674 trillion Federate Credits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 86,290 Federate Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, all tariffs have been abolished, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and President Christopher Arctoris panders to nontraditional families. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Free Pacific States's national animal is the Whale, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Free Pacific States fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Free Pacific States fell out of the regional Top 1% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Free Pacific States, President Christopher Arctoris panders to nontraditional families.
- : Free Pacific States was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Free Pacific States, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Free Pacific States relocated from Lazarus to The East Pacific.
- : Free Pacific States was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Free Pacific States ceased to exist.
- : Free Pacific States was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- : Free Pacific States was endorsed by Belkswenia.