“Luck can't last a lifetime unless you die young”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Frederickers is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Derf McStanley with a fair hand, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.118 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Denali. The average income tax rate is 68%, and even higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Voting is voluntary, artists are pillars of society, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime is totally unknown. Frederickers's national animal is the Bighorn Sheep, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Kuru.
Most Recent Government Activity: 30 days ago
- 108 days ago: Frederickers was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential.
- 111 days ago: Frederickers fell out of the world Top 1% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 112 days ago: Frederickers was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 131 days ago: Frederickers was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 139 days ago: Frederickers was refounded.
- 143 days ago: Frederickers ceased to exist.
- 146 days ago: Frederickers was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 169 days ago: Frederickers was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 178 days ago: Frederickers was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Thyrall.
- 188 days ago: Frederickers was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).