“Hmmm...That wasn't supposed to happen.”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Evil Mad Scientists of Freddland is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Fredd with an iron fist, and remarkable for its suspicion of poets. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 23.781 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Freddville. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 45%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Gambling.
Cities are engulfed by smog, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and phone taps are frequently carried out by the police. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Freddland's national animal is the gorilla, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is none of the above, and its currency is the fried egg.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Freddland approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Reducing Problem Gambling"".
- 5 hours ago: Freddland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The NationStates Community"".
- 5 hours ago: Freddland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 19 hours ago: Freddland removed The Dictatorship of Rack City Bich from the regional ban list in Hell.
- 22 hours ago: Freddland ejected and banned The Dictatorship of Rack City Bich from Hell.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Freddland rejected a request from Demonology for an embassy with Hell.
- 4 days ago: Freddland approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 4 days ago: Freddland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 1 Infinite Loop".
- 4 days ago: Freddland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "World University for Peace".
- 4 days ago: Freddland rejected a request from The Remnants of the Mian Empire for an embassy with Hell.