“Hmmm...That wasn't supposed to happen.”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Evil Mad Scientists of Freddland is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Fredd with an iron fist, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 23.74 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Freddville. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 45%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Gambling.
Cities are engulfed by smog, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and phone taps are frequently carried out by the police. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Freddland's national animal is the gorilla, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is none of the above, and its currency is the fried egg.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Freddland approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Read the Resolution Act"".
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Freddland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Freddland was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Corporate Police State".
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freddland, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freddland, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freddland, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Freddland, cities are engulfed by smog.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Freddland ejected and banned The Kingdom of Amibile from Hell.
- 4 days ago: Freddland rejected a request from Didneyworld for an embassy with Hell.
- 4 days ago: Freddland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".