“Hmmm...That wasn't supposed to happen.”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Evil Mad Scientists of Freddland is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Fredd with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 24.509 billion Freddlandians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Freddville. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 52%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Gambling.
Citizens must have a license to operate a computer, the government struggles to keep up with the endless list of petrol disasters, the government is reining in public spending, and underground copulation clubs have sprung up in major cities. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Freddland's national animal is the gorilla, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is none of the above, and its currency is the fried egg.
Freddland is ranked 3rd in Hell and 2,007th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 667 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 77 minutes ago: Freddland's influence in Hell rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 1 day ago: Freddland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Freddland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom"".
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Freddland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fertile Farmland Protection".
- 6 days ago: Freddland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Freddland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 9 days ago: Freddland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 12 days ago: Freddland rejected a request from Brightport for an embassy with Hell.
- 13 days ago: Freddland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "No Penalty Without Law".
- 14 days ago: Freddland lodged a message on the Hell Regional Message Board.