“God's last creation is the best.... Women !!!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Democratic Republic of FrAustralia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 17.898 billion FrAustralians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Canberra. The average income tax rate is 68%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed, and religious education is a new government priority. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. FrAustralia's national animal is the kangaroo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 6 hours ago: FrAustralia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 7 hours ago: FrAustralia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 16 days ago: FrAustralia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The Joint Systems Alliance"".
- 16 days ago: FrAustralia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Wildfires".
- 22 days ago: FrAustralia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- 36 days ago: FrAustralia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Criminal Court"".
- 36 days ago: FrAustralia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Astarial".
- 47 days ago: FrAustralia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"".
- 47 days ago: FrAustralia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban of Perfidy in Warfare".
- 50 days ago: FrAustralia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).