“God's last creation is the best.... Women !!!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Democratic Republic of FrAustralia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, notable for its restrictive gun laws. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 17.35 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Canberra. The average income tax rate is 67%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Beef-Based Agriculture and Retail.
High-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, and Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. FrAustralia's national animal is the kangaroo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 2 days 2 hours ago: FrAustralia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 2 hours ago: FrAustralia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 7 days ago: FrAustralia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 8 days ago: FrAustralia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 10 days ago: FrAustralia was endorsed by The Overclockers of Bayswater.
- 10 days ago: FrAustralia lost the endorsement of The Overclockers of Bayswater.
- 22 days ago: FrAustralia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 32 days ago: FrAustralia was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Davao and Mati.
- 37 days ago: FrAustralia was endorsed by The Overclockers of Bayswater.
- 37 days ago: Following new legislation in FrAustralia, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed.