“Egalité, Justice, Liberté”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Franco-Philia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Frédéric Remy with a fair hand, and renowned for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, intelligent population of 13.704 billion Franco-Philians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Healthcare and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ville de Franco. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, armed police units patrol the roads late at night, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem. Franco-Philia's national animal is the Cow, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Glot.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 11 hours ago
- 37 days ago: Franco-Philia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 45 days ago: Franco-Philia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 10%).
- 55 days ago: Franco-Philia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 56 days ago: Franco-Philia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 60 days ago: Franco-Philia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 111 days ago: Franco-Philia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 144 days ago: Franco-Philia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 212 days ago: Franco-Philia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 1%).
- 227 days ago: Franco-Philia resigned from the World Assembly.
- 230 days ago: Franco-Philia was endorsed by The Official Europe Forum Rep of Ivernia.