“Egalité, Justice, Liberté”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Franco-Philia is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Frédéric Remy with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 12.357 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Healthcare and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ville de Franco. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, armed police units patrol the roads late at night, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem. Franco-Philia's national animal is the Cow, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Glot.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Franco-Philia resigned from the World Assembly.
- 5 days ago: Franco-Philia was endorsed by The Official Europe Forum Rep of Ivernia.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Franco-Philia, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Franco-Philia, armed police units patrol the roads late at night.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Franco-Philia, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision.
- 17 days ago: Franco-Philia was endorsed by The Republic of Pesaro and Urbino.
- 19 days ago: Franco-Philia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- 24 days ago: Franco-Philia was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of The Seven Provinces.
- 31 days ago: Franco-Philia was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Pure Callousness.
- 32 days ago: Franco-Philia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".