“Going out of business”
Regional Influence: Power
Location: United Republic of Nations
The Tumultuous State of Fraisse is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Simon Bézin with a fair hand, and notable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.42 billion Fraissians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Clayfeild. The average income tax rate is 70%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Tourism and Soda Sales.
All recreational drugs are legal, the nation is currently revamping its entire education system, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, and discarded pennies litter the streets. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Fraisse's national animal is the Woodpecker, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Frit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Fraisse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Fraisse lodged a message on the United Republic of Nations Regional Message Board.
- 11 days ago: Fraisse changed its national demonym to "Fraissian" and its demonym adjective to "Fraissian".
- 11 days ago: Fraisse fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Fraisse, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Fraisse, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Fraisse, the nation is currently revamping its entire education system.
- 23 days ago: Fraisse fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 26 days ago: Fraisse's influence in United Republic of Nations rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 28 days ago: Fraisse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).