The Tumultuous State of Fraisse is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Representative Stevie-Ray with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.759 billion Fraissians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Clayfeild. The average income tax rate is 60.7%.
The thriving Fraissian economy, worth a remarkable 1,040 trillion Frits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Soda Sales, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 106,581 Frits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Frits of property damage, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, much of Fraisse's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence, and Representative Stevie-Ray panders to nontraditional families. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Fraisse's national animal is the Woodpecker, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fraisse agreed to construct embassies between United Republic of Nations and Iura Pecunia et libertas.
- : Fraisse fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : Fraisse's influence in Logic rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Fraisse was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 5%).
- : Fraisse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Fraisse's influence in Logic fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Following new legislation in Fraisse, Representative Stevie-Ray panders to nontraditional families.
- : Following new legislation in Fraisse, much of Fraisse's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence.
- : Fraisse was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Fraisse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.