The Free Republic of Fraisse is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Representative Gently with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and daily referendums. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 11.326 billion Fraissians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Clayfield. The average income tax rate is 64.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Fraissian economy, worth a remarkable 1,240 trillion Frits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Soda Sales, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 109,483 Frits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Every workday begins with group therapy, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, the government has undertaken a massive education and health program to combat VODAIS, and retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Fraisse's national animal is the Woodpecker, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fraisse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Fraisse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Fraisse was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Fraisse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output and the Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced and Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Fraisse's influence in Lions of Liberty rose from "Dealmaker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Fraisse's influence in Lions of Liberty rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Fraisse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Fraisse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Fraisse's influence in Lions of Liberty rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Fraisse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
Endorsements Received: None.