“Nos Vincite Contra Mortem”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Apathetic Island of Frache is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Shinigami Ben Dziewietin with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.105 billion Fracheans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Law & Order and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Toshi. The average income tax rate is 76%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices, loans are available for students from poor families, private law firms are unheard of, and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Frache's national animal is the Siberian Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Yen.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 10 days ago: Frache's influence in Kennan fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 18 days ago: Frache was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 20 days ago: Frache fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 23 days ago: Frache was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in Frache, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in Frache, private law firms are unheard of.
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in Frache, loans are available for students from poor families.
- 42 days ago: Frache was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 56 days ago: Frache fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 71 days ago: Frache's influence in Kennan fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".