|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: The Council of Narnia
The Pretty much retired foxes of Fotar is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Fotar of the Foxes with an even hand, and notable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, hard-working population of 14.283 billion Foxes of Fotar have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of Religion & Spirituality, with areas such as Social Equality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Goldwood. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 25%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced, many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, and hunters have been known to lose limbs while attempting to 'play tag' with their prey. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fotar's national animal is the Red Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Golden Lion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Fotar fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 12 days ago: Fotar lodged a message on the The Council of Narnia Regional Message Board.
- 13 days ago: Fotar lodged a message on the The Council of Narnia Regional Message Board.
- 13 days ago: Fotar unsuppressed a post on the The Council of Narnia regional message board.
- 13 days ago: Fotar suppressed a post on the The Council of Narnia regional message board.
- 14 days ago: Fotar changed its national demonym to "Foxes of Fotar" and its demonym plural to "Foxes of Fotar".
- 29 days ago: Fotar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 32 days ago: Fotar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- 48 days ago: Fotar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 67 days ago: Fotar lodged a message on the The Council of Narnia Regional Message Board.