The Narnian Foxes of Fotar is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Fotar of the Foxes with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 15.729 billion Foxes of Fotar are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government is effectively ruled by the Department of Spirituality, with Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Healthcare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Goldwood. The average income tax rate is 65.5%.
The strong Fotarian economy, worth 755 trillion Golden Lions a year, is highly specialized and led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Tourism, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 48,006 Golden Lions, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
There have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', extraordinary tribunals try accused financials criminals, government officials go door-to-door educating about the dangers of pseudoscience, and organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Fotar's national animal is the Red Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Fotar is ranked 15th in The Council of Narnia and 139,214th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring -18 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fotar, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fotar, government officials go door-to-door educating about the dangers of pseudoscience.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Fotar withdrew its endorsement from The Dominion of Dracovich.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Fotar endorsed The Narnian Republic of Bisim.
- 7 days ago: Fotar was endorsed by The Narnian Republic of Bisim.
- 9 days ago: Fotar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Fotar, extraordinary tribunals try accused financials criminals.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Fotar, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Fotar, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- 14 days ago: Fotar lodged a message on the The Council of Narnia Regional Message Board.