|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: The Council of Narnia
The Narnian Foxes of Fotar is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Fotar of the Foxes with an even hand, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate population of 15.353 billion Foxes of Fotar have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government is effectively ruled by the Department of Spirituality, with Education, Law & Order, and Environment also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Healthcare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Goldwood. The average income tax rate is 70.9%.
The very strong Fotarian economy, worth 872 trillion Golden Lions a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Basket Weaving, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 56,853 Golden Lions, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Genetic researchers have been expelled, Fotar's fine wines are renowned throughout the region, meat-eating is frowned upon, and it is a crime to offend someone's religious beliefs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fotar's national animal is the Red Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Fotar is ranked 2nd in The Council of Narnia and 4,274th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 849.2 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 11 hours ago: Fotar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Fotar fell out of the world Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 31 days ago: Following new legislation in Fotar, it is a crime to offend someone's religious beliefs.
- 31 days ago: Following new legislation in Fotar, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- 36 days ago: Following new legislation in Fotar, Fotar's fine wines are renowned throughout the region.
- 37 days ago: Fotar changed its national motto to "Vulpes Moralis" and its nation type to "Narnian Foxes".
- 38 days ago: Following new legislation in Fotar, genetic researchers have been expelled.
- 39 days ago: Following new legislation in Fotar, CDs are regularly copy-protected.
- 40 days ago: Fotar lodged a message on the The Council of Narnia Regional Message Board.
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Fotar, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.