“Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the West Pacific
The Incorporated States of Fortytipper is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Jamal Ginsberg with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, surprisingly youthful workforce, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 11.537 billion Fortytipperians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Education. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Fortytipperian economy, worth a remarkable 2,659 trillion Duckets a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 230,549 Duckets, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 704,282 per year while the poor average 58,497, a ratio of 12.0 to 1.
Citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling", consuming ecstasy is a common rite of passage, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, and muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Fortytipper's national animal is the Honey Badger, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Fortytipper was endorsed by The Fiefdom of Australil.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Fortytipper was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 4 days ago: Fortytipper was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: Fortytipper was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Fortytipper, muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Fortytipper, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
- 5 days ago: Fortytipper voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 8 days ago: Fortytipper was endorsed by The Kingdom of Uagy.
- 8 days ago: Fortytipper was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 8 days ago: Fortytipper voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
Endorsements Received: 20 » Cakum, Wickedly evil people, Darkesia, Singapore Supreme Court, New Novak, Krailing, Todler, Lynier, Lamebrainia, Corporatist Trusts Inc, Creamy pleasures, Sunset Realm, Bhang Bhang Duc, Pautain, All Good People, Southern Eureka, Mercanta, Shepherdinio, Atlantis and Stymphalia, and Uagy.