“Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Incorporated States of Fortytipper is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Jamal Ginsberg with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.159 billion Fortytipperians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals is mainly concerned with Education, although Healthcare and Defence are secondary priorities. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
Noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, eight year-olds can be seen lighting up in public areas, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, and Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fortytipper's national animal is the Honey Badger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Ducket.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 21 hours ago: Fortytipper was endorsed by The Borderlands of Santana Tucuruvi.
- 4 days ago: Fortytipper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 4 days ago: Fortytipper was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 5 days ago: Fortytipper was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Fortytipper fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 8 days ago: Fortytipper fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Fortytipper, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Fortytipper, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Fortytipper, eight year-olds can be seen lighting up in public areas.
- 9 days ago: Fortytipper voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn General Halcones".
Endorsements Received: 31 » Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Darkium, Krudistan Nation, Beezertopia, Erudite Individuals, Farmboybob, Sindria, Serious Problems, The Salvation States, Marcellinople, Hyperbolic Orbit, Yarren, Aegis-5, United Hives of Honey Bees, Ecchi Unlimited, Courlany, Trackeendy, Neojoven, Rangers Brotherhood, Saundie, NeueZiel, Cronintopia, Davewerld, Zukiel, Starfair, Ivia, Nerbia, Cabin John, Earth and Freedom, Zexen, and Feux.