“Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Incorporated States of Fortytipper is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Winston Wolfe with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.065 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals is mainly concerned with Education, although Healthcare and Law & Order are on the agenda. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Tourism.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, and citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fortytipper's national animal is the Honey Badger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Ducket.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fortytipper, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone.
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fortytipper, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- 16 hours ago: Fortytipper was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fortytipper, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fortytipper, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Fortytipper was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Fortytipper was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 6 days ago: Fortytipper was endorsed by The Crippled Old Sheep of Drop Your Pants.
- 8 days ago: Fortytipper was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 10%).
- 8 days ago: Fortytipper was endorsed by The Republic of New Geminon.
Endorsements Received: 52 (Drakomagic, The Floodcity, 5 Flowers, Loftegen, Gauntleted Fist, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Aigania, Lamborghini Murcielago, Darkium, Krudistan Nation, General Mike, Beezertopia, Sarotte, Erudite Individuals, Farmboybob, Sindria, Killahdom, Sargonastan, Kurogasawa, Serious Problems, The Salvation States, Naive Utopia, Cronintopia, Cats claw, Marcellinople, King Zhaoxiang of Qin, Hyperbolic Orbit, Thisbia, The Great Salsa Shark, Feux, Griffin Somerset, Jotinha, Yarren, Stujenske, Aegis-5, Earth and Freedom, Andedraka, Sheafromme, United Hives of Honey Bees, Citiga, Wartom, Ecchi Unlimited, TripleMia, Great Britain and New Ireland, New Rogernomics, Duranim, Massambula Kapengwe, Knights Almeria, Panndoara, Empire of germania, Hey2121, New Geminon)