The Queen's State of Fort Rae is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its state-planned economy, complete lack of prisons, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-working, democratic population of 14.594 billion Fort Raeans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Social Policy, and International Aid. The average income tax rate is 56.0%.
The Fort Raean economy, worth 545 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Gambling, Automobile Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 37,376 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Voting is voluntary. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fort Rae's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fort Rae's influence in Ancient Lands fell from "Sprat" to "Minnow".
- : Fort Rae was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Fort Rae's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Fort Rae's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Fort Rae's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Fort Rae's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Fort Rae relocated from Brazzaville to Ancient Lands.
- : Fort Rae relocated from The Arctic Ocean to Brazzaville.
- : Fort Rae was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Fort Rae was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.