“A Rather Nice Place”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: the Arctic Ocean
The Queen's State of Fort Rae is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its strong anti-business policies. The hard-working, intelligent population of 4.115 billion, 4.108 billion of whom are zombies, Fort Raeans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government keep a keen eye out for any attempt to organize such a thing, and ruthlessly crush it. The average income tax rate is 22%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Automobile Manufacturing.
Voting is voluntary. Crime is a serious problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Fort Rae's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the betale.
Fort Rae is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 0.06%
Most Recent Government Activity: 29 days ago
- 127 days ago: Fort Rae changed its national currency to "betale" and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 156 days ago: Fort Rae changed its national nation type to "State".
- 156 days ago: Fort Rae altered its national flag.
- 232 days ago: Fort Rae cancelled the closure of embassies between The Arctic Ocean and Muscat and Oman.
- 254 days ago: Fort Rae's influence in The Arctic Ocean rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 255 days ago: Fort Rae proposed constructing embassies between The Arctic Ocean and Muscat and Oman.
- 259 days ago: Fort Rae's influence in The Arctic Ocean fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 278 days ago: Fort Rae altered the regional flag of The Arctic Ocean.
- 290 days ago: Fort Rae proposed constructing embassies between The Arctic Ocean and World.
- 290 days ago: Fort Rae altered the regional flag of The Arctic Ocean.