“A Rather Nice Place”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: the Arctic Ocean
The Rams of Fort Rae is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-working, intelligent population of 9.373 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Law & Order, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 22%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Automobile Manufacturing.
Voting is voluntary. Crime is a serious problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Fort Rae's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 15 days ago: Fort Rae proposed constructing embassies between The Arctic Ocean and Ancient Lands.
- 16 days ago: Fort Rae's influence in The Arctic Ocean rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 44 days ago: Fort Rae's influence in The Arctic Ocean fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 49 days ago: Fort Rae agreed to construct embassies between The Arctic Ocean and Freedom Front.
- 86 days ago: Fort Rae altered its national flag.
- 86 days ago: Fort Rae altered the regional flag of The Arctic Ocean.
- 248 days ago: Fort Rae altered its national flag.
- 1 year 56 days ago: Fort Rae was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 1 year 140 days ago: Fort Rae relocated from South China Sea to The Arctic Ocean.
- 1 year 198 days ago: Fort Rae relocated from Kansas to South China Sea.