|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: Outer Planets
The Myouren Temple Crusaders of Formisia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Byakuren Hijiri with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 8.92 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palanquin. The average income tax rate is 81%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Tourism and Beef-Based Agriculture.
The poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the government pours millions of yens into rehabilitation programs annually, and the nation is completely gun-free. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Formisia's national animal is the youkai, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Mahayana Buddhism, and its currency is the yen.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 4 days ago: Formisia's influence in Outer Planets rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 10 days ago: Formisia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 57 days ago: Formisia relocated from Federal Roman Commonwealth of Nations to Outer Planets.
- 59 days ago: Formisia's influence in Federal Roman Commonwealth of Nations rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Hermit".
- 59 days ago: Formisia's influence in Federal Roman Commonwealth of Nations rose from "Contender" to "Eminence Grise".
- 60 days ago: Formisia's influence in Federal Roman Commonwealth of Nations rose from "Minnow" to "Contender".
- 60 days ago: Formisia relocated from Red Europe to Federal Roman Commonwealth of Nations.
- 60 days ago: Formisia relocated from Federal Roman Commonwealth of Nations to Red Europe.
- 60 days ago: Formisia relocated from Realm of Dragons to Federal Roman Commonwealth of Nations.
- 61 days ago: Formisia relocated from The New Federation of Europe to Realm of Dragons.