|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
Location: Realm of Dragons
The Myouren Temple Crusaders of Formisia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Byakuren Hijiri with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 10.825 billion Formisians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palanquin. The average income tax rate is 85.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Formisian economy, worth 985 trillion yen a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 91,035 yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the government pours millions of yens into rehabilitation programs annually, and the nation is completely gun-free. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Formisia's national animal is the youkai, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Mahayana Buddhism.
Formisia is ranked 10th in Realm of Dragons and 58,066th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 30.4 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 4 days ago: Formisia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 10 days ago: Formisia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 13 days ago: Formisia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 18 days ago: Formisia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 35 days ago: Formisia's influence in Realm of Dragons rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 36 days ago: Formisia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 42 days ago: Formisia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 47 days ago: Formisia's influence in Realm of Dragons rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 48 days ago: Formisia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 49 days ago: Formisia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.