“Save the Oppressed, Conquer them if necessary”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Socialist Empire of Formerly Occupied America is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.957 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rooseville. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, mothers drive their college-graduate children to work, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, and the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Formerly Occupied America's national animal is the Falcon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Formerly Occupied America lodged a message on the Geopolity Regional Message Board.
- 18 hours ago: Formerly Occupied America was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 19 hours ago: Formerly Occupied America lodged a message on the Geopolity Regional Message Board.
- 20 hours ago: Formerly Occupied America relocated from The Time Lost to Geopolity.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Formerly Occupied America's influence in The Time Lost rose from "Ambassador" to "Instigator".
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Formerly Occupied America's influence in The Time Lost rose from "Minnow" to "Ambassador".
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Formerly Occupied America relocated from Hogarahoiprash to The Time Lost.
- 4 days ago: Formerly Occupied America's influence in Hogarahoiprash rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- 5 days ago: Formerly Occupied America's influence in Hogarahoiprash rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 5 days ago: Formerly Occupied America fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.