The Dependent District of Folkand is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Folkandish Parliament with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory vegetarianism, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 2.775 billion Folkandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ceso. The average income tax rate is 83.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Folkandian economy, worth 111 trillion Folkandors a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming. Average income is 40,029 Folkandors, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government is seen to favor Catholics, Folkandish Parliament is the self-declared God of all Folkand, computers are used primarily for word processing and solitaire, and citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Folkand's national animal is the Folkandish Horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Elementarism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Folkand was refounded in Balder.
- : Folkand ceased to exist.
- : Folkand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Folkand was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Folkand was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- : Folkand fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Folkand relocated from Lechia to The United Federation.
- : Folkand relocated from The South Pacific to Lechia.
- : Folkand relocated from South East Asia to The South Pacific.
- : Folkand relocated from Paul feyerabend to South East Asia.