The Confederated Crown Republics of Florenzia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Rector Alessandro Tranghetti with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, prohibition of alcohol, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 23.98 billion Florenzians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fiorentina. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Florenzian economy, worth an astonishing 11,205 trillion Crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 467,269 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Euthanasia is legal, Florenzia is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and citizens must pay to enjoy Florenzia's pristine beaches. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Florenzia's national animal is the Owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Florenzia was endorsed by The PotPourri Octo of Herzil.
- : Florenzia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Florenzia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Florenzia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Florenzia lost the endorsement of The Republic of Idaho State University.
- : Florenzia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Florenzia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).
- : Florenzia was endorsed by The Republic of Idaho State University.
- : Florenzia fell out of the world Top 1% for Safest.
- : Florenzia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.