The Confederated Crown Republics of Florenzia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Rector Alessandro Tranghetti with a fair hand, and renowned for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 23.057 billion Florenzians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fiorentina. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Florenzian economy, worth an astonishing 10,754 trillion Crowns a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 466,428 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Euthanasia is legal, Florenzia is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and citizens must pay to enjoy Florenzia's pristine beaches. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Florenzia's national animal is the Owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 9 days ago: Florenzia fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 11 days ago: Florenzia was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of 66 Ducks.
- 11 days ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 22 days ago: Florenzia fell out of the world Top 5% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 27 days ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 29 days ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 30 days ago: Florenzia relocated from Texas to Wysteria.
- 33 days ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 35 days ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 35 days ago: Florenzia was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
Endorsements Received: 1 » 66 Ducks.