“Non bene pro toto libertas venditur auro”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: The Heartland
The Confederated Crown Republics of Florenzia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Rector Alessandro Tranghetti with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 20.394 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fiorentina. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Arms Manufacturing.
Much of Florenzia's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes, and military spending is on the increase. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Florenzia's national animal is the Owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Crown.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: Florenzia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Network Neutrality".
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in Florenzia, military spending is on the increase.
- 5 days ago: Florenzia's influence in The Heartland rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 6 days ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 8 days ago: Florenzia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 10 days ago: Florenzia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Florenzia, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Florenzia, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- 18 days ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry (last census: Top 10%).