“Non bene pro toto libertas venditur auro”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Confederated Crown Republics of Florenzia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Rector Alessandro Tranghetti with a fair hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 22.873 billion Florenzians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fiorentina. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Florenzian economy, worth an astonishing 10,762 trillion Crowns a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 470,541 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Euthanasia is legal, Florenzia is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and citizens must pay to enjoy Florenzia's pristine beaches. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Florenzia's national animal is the Owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Florenzia is ranked 165th in Texas and 114,137th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with -6,369.35 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 1 hour ago
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 4 days ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 4 days ago: Florenzia was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 7 days ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 10 days ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 12 days ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 13 days ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 15 days ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- 21 days ago: Florenzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Florenzia, citizens must pay to enjoy Florenzia's pristine beaches.