“Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
Location: Final Fantasy
The Rogue Nation of Flibbleites is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by Brandon Flibble with an even hand, and renowned for its complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed population of 23.716 billion Flibbleites are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delta City. The average income tax rate is 59%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Beef-Based Agriculture and Uranium Mining.
People have to sneak out of the country in order to have sex, research into 'designer babies' is banned, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, and genetic researchers have been expelled. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Flibbleites's national animal is the chocobo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Flib.
Most Recent Government Activity: 81 minutes ago
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Flibbleites, genetic researchers have been expelled.
- 12 days ago: Flibbleites was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 26 days ago: Flibbleites was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 49 days ago: Flibbleites voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 54 days ago: Flibbleites voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "The Landmine Convention"".
- 57 days ago: Flibbleites fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 58 days ago: Flibbleites voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Arms Protocol".
- 63 days ago: Following new legislation in Flibbleites, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- 63 days ago: Following new legislation in Flibbleites, research into 'designer babies' is banned.
- 63 days ago: Flibbleites changed its national demonym adjective to "Flibbleite".
Endorsements Received: None.