“Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
Location: Final Fantasy
The Rogue Nation of Flibbleites is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by Brandon Flibble with an even hand, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed population of 10.589 billion, 10.55 billion of whom are zombies, Flibbleites are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delta City. The average income tax rate is 55%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Beef-Based Agriculture and Uranium Mining.
Notable individuals are granted land and titles, people have to sneak out of the country in order to have sex, research into 'designer babies' is banned, and foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Flibbleites's national animal is the chocobo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Flib.
Flibbleites is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 0.17%
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Flibbleites was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 25 days ago: Flibbleites voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 30 days ago: Flibbleites voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "The Landmine Convention"".
- 33 days ago: Flibbleites fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 34 days ago: Flibbleites voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Arms Protocol".
- 39 days ago: Following new legislation in Flibbleites, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- 39 days ago: Following new legislation in Flibbleites, research into 'designer babies' is banned.
- 39 days ago: Flibbleites changed its national demonym adjective to "Flibbleite".
- 39 days ago: Flibbleites changed its national demonym to "Flibbleite".
- 42 days ago: Flibbleites voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
Endorsements Received: None.