“Stay Based, Stay Positive, Stay Happy”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Based Socialist Democracy of Flavionia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Based God with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 6.825 billion Flavionians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Falmensia. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Discarded pennies litter the streets, the rich are forced to sell their cars to pay for more police to prevent their cars from being stolen, the new prison system is crowding up at an alarming rate, and the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Flavionia's national animal is the Flamingo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Basedism, and its currency is the Somon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 10 days ago: Flavionia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed.
- 12 days ago: Flavionia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 15 days ago: Flavionia was refounded in Lazarus.
- 101 days ago: Flavionia ceased to exist.
- 120 days ago: Flavionia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 123 days ago: Flavionia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 128 days ago: Flavionia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 129 days ago: Flavionia was refounded in Osiris.
- 131 days ago: Flavionia ceased to exist.
- 135 days ago: Flavionia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.