|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Five is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Queen Five with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 4.581 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Place Where Stuff Happens. The average income tax rate is 80%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Cheese has been labelled a dangerous weapon and banned, the government is attempting to revitalize a gutted private sector, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime is totally unknown. Five's national animal is the Platypus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Fives.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Five, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Five, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Five, the government is attempting to revitalize a gutted private sector.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Five, cheese has been labelled a dangerous weapon and banned.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Five, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.
- 11 days ago: Five was refounded in Osiris.
- 21 days ago: Five ceased to exist.
- 27 days ago: Five's influence in The Cooperative Nations of Chatalia fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 43 days ago: Five was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 50 days ago: Five was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".